Training in Japan (or wanting to)

Posted by: Shidokai

Training in Japan (or wanting to) - 07/05/05 01:30 AM

Having had the privilege of coming to Japan and training, I am currently looking at ways to make this available to people across the world. My hope is to be able to help non-Japanese come to Japan and study the martial arts that they love, and get help in finding dojo that will train them. I've known several people here in Japan who have had trouble finding what they wanted to do, or even come across excess hostility, which drove them from doing what they wanted.

My idea is to set up a place for people to stay and help them find friendly places to train here in Japan. I was able to get aid from certain foreigners when I first came here, and this is something I would like to pass on and make available to others.

Is this something people would be interested in? Would you want to come to Japan and get additional instruction in your art? I'm trying to gauge interest and not trying to sell anything, so please either respond to this message or PM me if this is the kind of thing you'd enjoy doing.
Posted by: Shidokai

Re: Training in Japan (or wanting to) - 07/05/05 06:30 PM

A simple caveat - I AM NOT SELLING, OFFERING, OR ADVERTISING ANYTHING AT THIS POINT - THIS IS JUST TO FIND OUT WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED.
Posted by: heyimkyle

Re: Training in Japan (or wanting to) - 03/01/06 03:17 PM

I would definately be interested because some martial arts are so hard to find in America. I would love to find a place where I would be able to train for hours each day its something you cant find in America. I still dont really know what you mean though give more info.
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: Training in Japan (or wanting to) - 03/01/06 04:11 PM

I was under the impression that there are not many martial arts schools left in Japan and that you can get just as good of training in America. Am I wrong in this statement?

Matt
Posted by: kusojiji

Re: Training in Japan (or wanting to) - 03/01/06 11:53 PM

There are loads of MA schools in Japan, and you can also find good training in the US.
Posted by: modernwarrior

Re: Training in Japan (or wanting to) - 03/08/06 08:15 PM

This is an excellent idea and i am 100% for it.