Doumukia Aikido

Posted by: Anonymous

Doumukia Aikido - 04/19/05 02:12 PM

I just recently started taking Aikido about 6 to 7 months ago. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this "school/style" It is very soft and harmonic. Forgive me if I spelt it wrong I'm still trying to improve on my Japanese. All I really know about it is that the Sensai did Aikikai (spelling 0.o) Then adapted the style to match his age. I take this class in Shin Otsu Japan (Tokyo area). Like I said my Japanese really sucks so it is hard to communicate, and get a detailed history of the school.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Re: Doumukia Aikido - 04/19/05 02:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kudos:
I take this class in Shin Otsu Japan (Tokyo area). Like I said my Japanese really sucks so it is hard to communicate, and get a detailed history of the school..[/QUOTE]

There should be something in English somewhere. What's the teacher's name?

Re: Doumukia Aikido - 04/19/05 02:54 PM

I've always called him Sensai or Iida Sensai. I will find out more tonight.

Honestly I'm liking for the easier way out of getting this knowledge. I'm very busy durring my days with work and then at night with practice. I don't really have time to search through a thousand webpages trying to find something on a very small Aikido school. I've been reading these forms for a while now and there seem to be some knowledgeable people with history of MA.

Re: Doumukia Aikido - 04/20/05 02:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kudos:
I've always called him Sensai or Iida Sensai. I will find out more tonight.[/QUOTE]

Well, you need his first and last name, the name of the dojo and the name of the branch of aikido and if possible, who taught him.

Please post what you find.

[This message has been edited by aikikiai (edited 04-20-2005).]

Re: Doumukia Aikido - 04/21/05 08:44 AM

Here is the url to the dojos web page. More information is on there. I'll ask who taught him saturday I don't think that that information is on there. Thanks for the help.