Senseilou

Posted by: Anonymous

Senseilou - 10/27/04 02:58 PM

I appologize if directing this post to you personally is not the way to do this , but it seems that you always post positively and constructively. I have been following these forums for a long time and everything that i have read about aikido is what I want in a ma. My problem is that i am in NW Iowa and the closest MA schools seems to be more than an hour away. You obviously have a lot of contacts and any ideas would truly be appreciated.
PS> Found a Judo club, would just like to explore all avenues.
PPS>I have some taekwondo exp.(about 3 years, many moons ago), but would like something...more phisical.
thank you in advance.
Posted by: senseilou

Re: Senseilou - 10/28/04 03:05 AM

If you want to privately e-mail me, my address is in my profile. Sadly, I know no one anywhere near you, and really don't know of any Organizations that are in your area either. My only suggestion is that alot of times Aikido is taught at the community college or even at clubs on the University level. If you find any organizations that are there, I may be of help then. Aikido wise, I am not that involved anymore, especially since Toyada Sensei passed on. You might see if there is a AAA Aikido schools are around. They are Toyoda Sensei affiliated schools and are pretty good. They are real strong in the Chicago area and the midwest. Sorry I can't help much, but my contacts are mainly west coast, Hawaii and east coast. Wish I could help.

Good luck
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Senseilou - 10/29/04 06:56 AM

I know this was for Senseilou but being from the general region you are from I might be able to offer some assistance as well. If your in the Souix City area then a short trip to Omaha would beneficial as there are a few decent schools there, for both judo and aikido. Thats where I studied both arts. Good luck in your search.