does anyone know about energy attacks?

Posted by: Anonymous

does anyone know about energy attacks? - 10/23/04 03:13 PM

I've just seen this website that talks about ki and I was fascinated so if anyone can give me any advice I'd really appreciate it

thanks

Re: does anyone know about energy attacks? - 10/26/04 03:23 AM

Go to Dagobah find a little guy with big ears, he'll fill you in.

Re: does anyone know about energy attacks? - 11/12/04 12:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zerobeat:
I've just seen this website that talks about ki and I was fascinated so if anyone can give me any advice I'd really appreciate it

thanks
[/QUOTE]

There are a few good books out there on this subject - if you do an amazon search on ki and tohei (the student of Ueshiba that largely popularized the idea of using ki in the martial arts - especially aikido)you will come up with some of them. Tohei wrote a book called 'Ki in daily life' which I have found helpful - Tohei had a student (I believe his last name was Reed) who wrote a good book on ki as well...

A word to the wise - mentioning the idea of ki in a martial arts class is like bringing up the concept of abortion - no one really knows if it's right or wrong but you are likely to get an earfull either way...in short, the concept is polarizing for some reason...so get the books, read them, do the exercises, and see what you think.

And be wary of whom you share your experiences with.

(I say this from personal experience [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]