hej

Posted by: Shin son Hapkidokan

hej - 10/21/04 03:48 PM

is karate a good martial art
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: hej - 11/23/04 07:04 PM

I don't recommend Karate. Karate will only help you build your strikes. If you're fighting a boxer, he has much chance as you. I STRONGLY recommend Jiu-Jitsu. It is, without a doubt, an flawless art. If you ask a (good) sensei how to get out of or defend yourself against a certain move, he will probably not even look in a book. Off of the top of his head he will show it. 97% of the people love Jiu-Jitsu because it's realistic. No strength is involved in Jiu-Jitsu at all. Jiu-Jitsu not only trains your physically, but mentally and emotionally. Believe it or not, but it will help you overcome PUBLIC SPEAKING. (At least, my Jiu-Jitsu dojo does) But recommend Jiu-Jitsu 100%. It is definately money well spent
Posted by: senseilou

Re: hej - 11/24/04 12:30 AM

I think the first reply is a bit narrow minded. I have a Jujutsu school and do 6 different forms of Jujutsu and I will tell you that a striking art is essential. Jujutsu is good, but I have seen good striking and kicking skills keep a Jujutsu-ka at bay. To be well rounded you need to be able to strike, lock and grapple. To not recommend Karate is near sighted. I have been able to incorporate my striking with my Jujutsu. We train ground fighting and I have trained enough to keep just a Jujutsu-ka off with my strikes. Karate is an excellent art, and you are as limited with just Jujutsu as you are with just Karate.
Posted by: schanne

Re: hej - 11/24/04 11:14 AM

Do you mean Jujitsu, like BJJ, ground fighting ect.?