Age to Start

Posted by: Anonymous

Age to Start - 08/10/04 11:56 AM

I was wondering if 12 years old is an okay age to start Aikido. All coments are appreciated.

Re: Age to Start - 08/12/04 09:39 AM

12 is the age we allow kids to join the adults in Aikido in our school. Kids under 12 start off in Jeet Kune Do. We have found that most, (there are exceptions), kids under 12 haven't developed the attention span needed for Aikido study. Kicking and punching are more exciting to them.

Re: Age to Start - 09/24/04 01:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TexasAikido:
12 is the age we allow kids to join the adults in Aikido in our school. Kids under 12 start off in Jeet Kune Do. We have found that most, (there are exceptions), kids under 12 haven't developed the attention span needed for Aikido study. Kicking and punching are more exciting to them.[/QUOTE]

That's crap. I started Judo when i was 6. I got a diplom from that i listened well and didnt do anything else than teachers told me. Oher diplom, i were 8, From good technique. But, oh well, Cant say that everyone there listened... So good point, but 12 years old is 6years older than 6 years old [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: larry

Re: Age to Start - 09/26/04 08:49 PM

I don't teach a seperate kids class, and have started kids at 12.

It would probably be easier for you if there was a kids class, but 12 is a good time to start.

Re: Age to Start - 10/21/04 02:59 AM

wow 12 is 6 years older than 6 tears old. Thanks for the info yoda

Re: Age to Start - 10/22/04 06:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by samurai117:
wow 12 is 6 years older than 6 tears old. Thanks for the info yoda[/QUOTE]

Amazing. You reply to that? I did not want to give you any new "info".