To rob from Aikidowarrior

Posted by: Aikidowarrior

To rob from Aikidowarrior - 06/15/04 04:06 PM

ROB I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT A LOT OF YOUR OWN WORK GOES INTO YOUR PRACTICE SO,IT WASN'T
EASY BUT I DID IT.I understand what you are talking about but,I wish you could come where
I train and you'll see true aikido!As far as you talking about your teacher and it taking him ten years for 3rd or 4th dan some people it don't take that long because they are much more cordinated than others.Aikido takes cordination and reflexes to achieve the desired results.One thing I can tell you is that you need to put more into your practice!To let you know also that Im not trying to put your teacher down,but it takes others a life time to achieve what some have done in a few good long years!Rob one other thing i wanted to tell you is that stop slacking on being uke and you'll see your skills like mine in no time!I know you probably think im crazy but so what!A lot of Aikido people get discouraged when they don't see instant results but,it's to their own doing that their techniques are weak and wack!Rob i have to tell you this maybe it will give you some hope in your training. It was once said by the founder of Aikido that if one master shionage(the four directional throw)in Aikido that he or she mastered Aikido.Ive mastered all of them!I have to tell you all so about the STEVEN SEAGAL movie ABOVE THE LAW when he said he developed a crazy dream to go to the far east and practice and by the time he was seventeen he was there studying with the masters!So it's not impossible to do!Do you know in Aikido a masters belt is A 5th dan!I have one more belt to go and i will have my masters!aka red and white stripped belt!
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 06/18/04 12:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aikidowarrior:
ROB I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT A LOT OF YOUR OWN WORK GOES INTO YOUR PRACTICE SO,IT WASN'T
EASY BUT I DID IT.I understand what you are talking about but,I wish you could come where
I train and you'll see true aikido!As far as you talking about your teacher and it taking him ten years for 3rd or 4th dan some people it don't take that long because they are much more cordinated than others.Aikido takes cordination and reflexes to achieve the desired results.One thing I can tell you is that you need to put more into your practice!To let you know also that Im not trying to put your teacher down,but it takes others a life time to achieve what some have done in a few good long years!Rob one other thing i wanted to tell you is that stop slacking on being uke and you'll see your skills like mine in no time!I know you probably think im crazy but so what!A lot of Aikido people get discouraged when they don't see instant results but,it's to their own doing that their techniques are weak and wack!Rob i have to tell you this maybe it will give you some hope in your training. It was once said by the founder of Aikido that if one master shionage(the four directional throw)in Aikido that he or she mastered Aikido.Ive mastered all of them!I have to tell you all so about the STEVEN SEAGAL movie ABOVE THE LAW when he said he developed a crazy dream to go to the far east and practice and by the time he was seventeen he was there studying with the masters!So it's not impossible to do!Do you know in Aikido a masters belt is A 5th dan!I have one more belt to go and i will have my masters!aka red and white stripped belt!
[/QUOTE]

Ass-Monkey.
Posted by: Robaikido

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 06/19/04 09:42 AM

Any fool can tell by the way you talk that you are some kid trying to boost his ego, my instructor is a 5th gan, his belt is still black.

The founder actually said that it takes at least 7 years to master the basics, where you may proceed to shodan

And as for you have mastered everything, well, I dont think I'll bother commenting, its too laughable
Posted by: reaperblack

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 06/21/04 02:20 AM

you tell em rob. I took aikido for a while and here you can't get a shodan in less than 8 years, that's if you train every day. Kohara Sensei won't test anyone before that, at least not here.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 07/07/04 04:06 PM

Aikidowarrior--please turn off your computer and go watch another Steven Seagal movie (have you seen the new one--'Too Dumb to Die'?). Let us grown-ups discuss Aikido. Okey-dokey?
Posted by: senseilou

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 07/08/04 02:00 AM

How come when I go after a person, people come after me. You guys are brutal to this clown. Aikidowarrior, if you are going to quote O'Sensei at least do it right. Its Iriminage not Shihonage that if you master, you have mastered Aikido, and I am not going to tell you why, as then you will have some credable information to go with your nonsense. I have to agree with everyone, though ass monkey is a bit much. My guess is you haven't been in a dojo and you are a video and keyboard warrior. Oh, by the way way, Aikido doesn not employ the red and white belt, mainly Karate styles and then its at 6th Dan, which you have to be 30 years of age at least to qualify for. My suggestion is to talk with other teenagers and people who don't know any better, than to try and fool a group of seasoned vetrans. Some of us have been on this board longer than you have trained. I am going on 2 years here, and I know others have been here awhile. Either learn or go bother someone else.

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 07/08/04 07:47 AM

I thought the highest Dan in aikido was 10th Dan. Whether it is different over here in the UK I don't know although my Sensei has said she doesn't know anyone who isn't of Japanese origin who has reached that level. One of my Sensei's is 5th Dan and he's been practising Aikido for over 30 years. As Robaikido says, we also don't have belt colours which depict what grade we're at. From 1st Dan upwards they wear a hakama.

Stick to watching the Seagal films Aikidowarrior, your lies are just so transparent.
Posted by: mugen

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 07/10/04 03:32 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! AikidoWarrior is the beverly hills ninja of this group
Posted by: Telepath

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 08/21/04 05:19 PM

Oh man,
I just stopped by the board to see how it was doing and I come accross this, Lmao I read every single post this guy writes and I just keep cracking up when I scroll down the page and all Scott writes is..."Ass-Monkey"
Posted by: ken harding

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 08/23/04 04:50 AM

I've never seen a red and white belt in a Karate dojo in all the time I've trained and this covers Goju,Shotokan and Wado dojos.

Ken
Posted by: senseilou

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 08/23/04 02:59 PM

Many Okinawan styles carry a red and white belt at 6th or 7th Dan. My Sensei got his at his 6th Dan but it depends on the organhization and the Sensei's wishes. Many Shito and Shorin styles employ the red and white belt. I know of two Sensei though who still just wear their plain black belt. I also wear a plain belt and don't employ the uise of the stripes on the belt as I don't like that either. However many styles insist on the stripes as well. Most styles I have seen use a Black Belt with stripes to 6th and then red and white with no stripes till 9th then red belt at 9th and 10th. You comment about Shotokan and Wado are correct, they do not employ the red and white belt. Most Japanese styles don't either. However I have seen several Judo and Jujutsu practioners with a red belt. No matter the color or how many stripes you have on it, the belt only has one funtion.......to keep your Gi closed, and that goes for a white belt too.
Posted by: ken harding

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 08/25/04 09:39 AM

Yep they keep gi's closed and the trousers up!
Posted by: reaperblack

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 08/26/04 09:26 PM

shorin ryu employs a red and white belt, it sygnifies the rank of kyoshi, which is a 7th dan or greater.

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 10/15/04 04:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reaperblack:
shorin ryu employs a red and white belt, it sygnifies the rank of kyoshi, which is a 7th dan or greater. [/QUOTE]

Hi all, I'm fairly new here and am a Judoka. Having read a bit of History lately, I understand that the first Red and White Belt was awarded By Jigaro Kano to one of his 6th Dans. Apparently, the belt itself signify's Purity (White) and the intense desire to train (red).
In Judo the Red and White may be worn by a 6th, 7th or 8th Dan, though they may choose to wear balck if they wish.
I have also studied Shin Shin Toitsu Ki Aikido briefly (Though many friends still practice) and have never heard of Aikidoka using this belt.

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 10/15/04 10:24 AM

I love that this thread started with that nonsense - and ended up with a wonderful post where I got to learn what a red and white belt means. Awesome!

Okay, so this experience has led me to the idea that we should work together to come up with what we all agree about aikido - and other useful realted things, and then haves threads dedicated to discussing what we disagree on and then post the results we learned from those discussions in a place - devoid of the word/phrase "ass-monkey". What do you think?

Re: To rob from Aikidowarrior - 12/30/04 09:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robaikido:
Any fool can tell by the way you talk that you are some kid trying to boost his ego, my instructor is a 5th gan, his belt is still black.

The founder actually said that it takes at least 7 years to master the basics, where you may proceed to shodan

And as for you have mastered everything, well, I dont think I'll bother commenting, its too laughable
[/QUOTE]

Actually it was "at least 10 years to proceed to the first rung".... whatever that means to you. To me it's not necessarily a belt level, but the first level of understanding.