Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t

Posted by: Aikidowarrior

Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 06/11/04 11:45 AM

hat Ive studied Aikido for over seven years and it's kinda hard when you first start but through good solid training and the right teacher you will become good and very lethal in a considerable amount of time against multiple attacks.I know I have a fourth dan in Aikido and it didn't come easy but,it was well worth the hard training and getting used like a rag doll! Aikidowarrior
Posted by: schanne

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 06/11/04 11:49 AM

Hmmm, is that so.
Posted by: Joe Jutsu

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 06/11/04 04:57 PM

Aikidowarrior-

What federation did you grade to fourth dan in, and who were your primary instructors?

Joe
Posted by: Robaikido

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 06/12/04 04:34 AM

7 years to forth dan

Thats way too quick

It takes that long to get to first dan

I dont like organisations that give out easy belts

Its not your belt that does the work, its you
Posted by: Joe Jutsu

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 06/12/04 01:50 PM

That was my point robaikido. My head sensei has been studying for about twenty five years, and he's a yondan-and legitimately so. The teacher that I usually study under is a sandan with a little over ten years experience, but he's very talented. Outside of Japan, I understand that for someone to reach sandan in under ten years is pretty rare. In Japan, of course, a college student will reach sandan by the time that they graduate, but that's a different matter altogether.

Joe
Posted by: scarryone

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 06/14/04 03:03 PM

If your leathal in 7 years, I am going to ask for a refund from my Dojo

[This message has been edited by scarryone (edited 06-14-2004).]
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 06/18/04 12:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aikidowarrior:
hat Ive studied Aikido for over seven years and it's kinda hard when you first start but through good solid training and the right teacher you will become good and very lethal in a considerable amount of time against multiple attacks.I know I have a fourth dan in Aikido and it didn't come easy but,it was well worth the hard training and getting used like a rag doll! Aikidowarrior[/QUOTE]

You sir are an ass-monkey!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 07/07/04 04:02 PM

Aikidowarrior--you are a joke. You claim that your Aikido is "very lethal"? You have obviously missed the point. O'Sensei taught harmony, not lethality. The only thing lethal is your grammar. Why don't you stop making these assanine comments? Everyone else trashes you, and rightly so. All you are doing is giving Aikido a bad name. Empty your cup and find a proper Sensei.

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 07/07/04 09:30 PM

Obviously you guys are being trolled.

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 09/13/04 08:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fletch1:
Obviously you guys are being trolled.[/QUOTE]

lol, at my club its taken me 7 years to get to 1st kyu. im reassured that most other clubs follow this tradition and that my sensie hast secretly been holding me back all these years lol......im tempted to move over to your club aikiwarrior and get my shodan now...why wait??? i could be "lethal" by the end of next week! :-) hooray!

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 09/24/04 11:44 AM

What makes you think Aikido is best against multiple enemies? Have you ever never tried other MA? No? Yes? As someone said before, you are a joke

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 10/04/04 04:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robaikido:
7 years to forth dan

Thats way too quick

It takes that long to get to first dan

I dont like organisations that give out easy belts
[/QUOTE]

Maybe hes uchideshi? You could get to 4th dan in 7 years if you were doing that I recon.
Posted by: Robaikido

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 12/14/04 10:00 AM

I dont think he is, but you never know [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 12/15/04 01:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AikiGhost:
Maybe hes uchideshi? You could get to 4th dan in 7 years if you were doing that I recon.

[/QUOTE]

My sensei was nidan after about 4 years, then our principle gave him an honourary yondan. After about another 7 or so years he 'grew' into the yondan. So basically it took him about 11-12 years to actually display the full quality of a yondan.

ig.

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 12/16/04 07:02 PM

I don't know Aikido and I don't have a sensei because i'm mostly training myself. But i do have a question, when you talk about lethal against multiple attacks. Have you actually applied this to a real world situation when it comes to protecting your life. Or have you been in a controlled environment? I just find it rather suspicious that a move or two will just take down someone. Most "thugs" don't just stand still and most carry a weapon, they're not drooling idiots. I'm not criticising what you've learned I'm asking if what you learn will really save your life. What's the point in being "lethal" if you can't truely hurt someone in a controlled environment. Just wondering

Re: Aikido is one of the best martial arts for multiple attacks ! The reason I know is t - 12/22/04 12:40 PM

I agree with some of the others it takes a while to get to fourth dan. It took me Around seven years to get my First dan In Tomiki Aikido. , And believe me its not easy...And thats in that class four days a week. Thanks