GTF Tae Kwon Do and its New forms/Hyungs

Posted by: EFRAIN

GTF Tae Kwon Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 10:51 AM

By Trevek- Do ITF Canada recognise GTF?

Efrain - Besides having an independent following in New Jersey I am a member of the GTF Federation. I am not sure if the ITF recognizes the GTF. The founder of the GTF was GM Park Jung Tae one of the High Ranking Officials in the ITF. The GTF has all the ITF forms plus new GTF forms created by GM Park Jung Tae. GM Park Jung Tae was an Oh do kwan/Chung Do kwan lineage Martialist.

Trevek - Didn't GM Park devise some of the original ITF tul?

edited to fix title

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 10:52 AM

The GTF Forms were created by GM Park Jung Tae between 1989/1990 and his passing about 10 years ago. I heard He left the ITF because of politics but I am not %100 sure. The GTF is ITF based, Supposedly. We have all the ITF forms, rules and regulations, etc... But one thing that the GTF decided to do was to make sure that belts were earned and not given or bought. Other things the they focus on is technique, technique is the core of the GTF along with sparring... I mean, not all GTF members are awesome but at least that is where GM Park Jung Tae wanted the federation to go, his vision. At least where I come from and train, we have an awesome instructor and students, I can't speak for the rest of the federation. Here are the forms GM Park Jung Tae created.

Color Belts,

Jee-Sang (GTF): "JEE" means earth- representing the foundation of the world, "SANG" means above the earth- representing the spirit of the GTF. The 24 movements signify the 24 hours of every day that we learn, connect with each other, gain insight, knowledge and wisdom. The 4 directions in this pattern represent our inner compass.. with it we will never lose our way. When we connect the "JEE" and the "SANG" we connect the heaven and earth to create an invisible strength that lives on. [24 moves]

Dhan-Goon (GTF): DHAN-GOON named after the founder of Korea. The 23 movements in this pattern represent the first two digits of the year 2333 B.C. when, according to legend, Korea was born. This is Grand Master Park's progressive interpretation of the traditional Taekwon-Do pattern of the same name. [23 moves]

Black Belts Forms,

Jee-Goo (GTF): means "Global". The "X" crosses out the years of political strife in TaeKwon-Do that has been evident worldwide. The first movement symbolizes the beginning of the new Global TaeKwon-Do Movement - a concept of global peace and harmony. The 30 movements of the pattern are comprised of three numbers (24, 4, 2) which explain the purpose. There are 24 hours in each day; therefore this concept will be with us every second. The four directions of movements represent the north, south, east and west encompassing all nations and all people. The four directions are done two times to reinforce our commitment to bring global peace and harmony to the world. [30 moves]

Jook-Am (GTF): is a pseudonym for the Grandmaster Park. Jook means bamboo which shoots up straight forward without any curvature, its roots intertwining to form an inseparable force. Am is an immovable boulder from which the bamboo plants its roots to form an unshakeable foundation. This pattern represents Grandmaster Park's life and his constant struggle for perfection. The diagram is a representation of a bamboo shooting up from the boulder. This pattern's 95 movements (112 including combinations) symbolizes the year 1995 in which Jook-Am was created.

Pyong-Hwa (GTF): Pyong Hwa means "Peace". Grand Master Park dedicates this pattern for the 50 countries which found the UNO in San Francisco ( USA ) on year 1950 after the second World War. [50 moves]

Sun-Duk (GTF): This pattern is named after Queen Sun Duk of the Silla dynasty 668 A.D.,who was know for bringing martial art from China to Korea. The diagram represents "Lady". The 68 movements of this pattern refer to the year 668 A.D. [68 moves]
Posted by: Dereck

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 10:55 AM

Without this forum I would never of heard of GTF here in Canada. I have only seen WTF, ITF and some independents but not any GTFs.

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 11:07 AM

lol... GTF is the 3rd Largest Chung Do Kwan Taekwondo organization.

WTF, ITF, GTF...

Bow out with respect from Martialist

http://www.gtftaekwondo.com

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 11:20 AM

Guys, Can the Topic Name be corrected?

I typed Tae know Do lol
I want Tae Kwon Do...

Thanks for the person that knows or can correct this...

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: EFRAIN
lol... GTF is the 3rd Largest Chung Do Kwan Taekwondo organization.

WTF, ITF, GTF...

Bow out with respect from Martialist

http://www.gtftaekwondo.com

It may very well be however have never seen one school in this area.

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 02:36 PM

Where are you located?

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/02/12 03:09 PM

Central Alberta (Canada). For all I know, some of the independents are GTF but don't advertise this. ITF and WTF schools are more promoted and you know when going to a school what they are affiliated to; GTF????
Posted by: trevek

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/03/12 05:34 AM

Well GTF HQ seems to be in a place called Ontario... wherever that is...

http://www.gtftaekwondo.com/
Posted by: TaekwonDoFan

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/03/12 09:37 AM

There are at least three ITF organizations, and many other independents that broke off from ITF but are ITF in style. They may know of GTF, and, if you want to join any ITF school, they'll probably take your money.

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/03/12 10:17 AM

Ontario is in Canada

Global Taekwon-Do Federation
6 - 2400 Dundas St. W. #404
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
L5K 2R8

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 05:17 AM

Ontario is in Canada

I know... I've read Scott Pilgrim (and I think I had family there once).
Posted by: Dobbersky

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 08:24 AM

GTF - which is it closer too in technique. Is it like WTF with the Olympic Style Legs ONLY!!! Sparring etc or is it like ITF with the hands and feet used and the Sine Wave?

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 09:27 AM

Ontario is in Canada

Global Taekwon-Do Federation
6 - 2400 Dundas St. W. #404
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
L5K 2R8

A long way a way from Alberta.

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 10:35 AM

It is ITF based. Chung DO kwan lineage. The Grand Master that Founded the GTF was the technical chairman of the ITF.
GM Park Jung Tae

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 11:22 AM

It is ITF based. Chung DO kwan lineage. The Grand Master that Founded the GTF was the technical chairman of the ITF.
GM Park Jung Tae

Please tell me that you don't use the "Sine Wave" in this school of TKD!!!

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 11:43 AM

The "SINE WAVE" is Taught in the GTF. But not all schools that are part of the GTF follow it. Where I trained sine is taught only in forms. For sparring we worked on a form of "Kuzushi" By utilizing our legs and arms without grabbing to get opponents off balance to strike for effectively with less effort.

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 12:02 PM

Sorry for asking so many questions, I would love to get my Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do but Don't agree with the Sine Wave as an effective technique. I like the use of Kuzushi. Are the forms just for passing grades or do you use them to utilise effective applications against realistic attacks ie not "karate" attacks?

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/04/12 12:26 PM

It is ok. That is why this forum is here for. smile
The Sine Wave is more of a requirement for the forms and testing. I personally have never used sine wave for sparring or real situations but I also see it's effectiveness in forms and power generation for breaking, forms, and coordination. The forms self-defense is based more on Hapkido from my opinion in realistic attacks. Again, I am speaking from the experience Iv'e had training with Master Manuel Quiles based out of Paterson, New Jersey.

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/05/12 06:15 AM

The Sine Wave is THE only reason why I have not started ITF, I'm not interested in the WTF style as it is predominately Olympic Sport orientated, so it looks like I'll never get a TKD black belt!

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/05/12 07:14 AM

Try one of the non-ITF Chang Hon groups, like GTI or TAGB... I think they still use waist twist.

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/05/12 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: trevek
Try one of the non-ITF Chang Hon groups, like GTI or TAGB... I think they still use waist twist.

Found 1 that doesn't do the Sine Wave, will attend the first Class asap and will let you know

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/05/12 10:10 AM

Dobbersky, you shouldn't limit yourself. Iv'e learned useless techniques at least from my perspective and changed it to the way I believe it'll work for me. I always tell my students that if they think something doesn't work or they don't agree with to tell me so I can understand their point of view, and who knows, maybe i'll learn something new. cool Everything in life has things that not all agree with but sometimes has to be done in order for the individual/s to develop the foundation needed to further progress. smile

"Basics, all day, everyday. Repetition, all day, everyday! Master the repetitions and you will perfect the basics..."

Martialist

Re: GTF Tae Know Do and its New forms/Hyungs - 01/05/12 10:26 AM

Another things is that the SINE WAVE is exaggerated in forms so it is learned. In reality whether you do HIP TWIST or SINE WAVE they are all one and the same. Sine wave does Utilize the hip twist and of course if done correctly you wont even noticed.

Hip Twist or Sine Wave? I say learn both just don't exaggerate the Sine. smile

Anyways, let me know how it goes in the school you found. smile

Bow out from Martialist