Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms

Posted by: mcmillintkd

Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 06/07/10 12:25 PM

I saw the write up in the latest Totally TKD for Stuart Anslow's Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms. I can find no other information and Amazon doesn't list it (yet). I know that Mr. Anslow sometimes comes to this board so I was hoping for more information. How much info repeats from his present Ch'ang Hon book? Thanks
Posted by: StuartA

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 06/09/10 05:58 PM

Hi,

Excuse my belated reply but I`ve just returned from a week away.

The books are in the final stages with the publisher and Im assured that it will be out in June.. hopefully within the next week. Prices are as stated above, with the US prices whatever the conversion rates are AFAIA.

Please be aware that the books are not a follow on from Ch'ang Hon TKD Hae Sul and they do not contain the same stuff (ie. boon hae) - vol 2 of that is still being worked on. They are a completely different set of books designed for learning or revising patterns and include the GTF patterns of GM park + the Silla Knife pattern all in step by step photographic form with the 'in-between' motions captured as well. They do have a complete (and honest) TKD history (vol 1) + kihaps points (for orgs that use them) + a history of the patterns and who, apart from Gen Choi helped make them & when etc + plus some other bits & pieces. I have tried not to repeat stuff, for example the in-depth research into the pattern meanings that can be found in CHTKDHS.. this type of stuff remains with that set.

The books can be brought seperatly or as part of a complete set at a reduced price - which I think should be available on release.

When I get a release date that can be more definitive.. I`ll post it.

many thanks,

Stuart

Ps. The book titles are "The Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Patterns" (not "forms) smile

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 06/10/10 12:30 AM

I realized that it was Patterns after I posted. Sorry about that.
Posted by: ITFunity

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 06/10/10 10:41 AM

From what I read & understand, it is the only series of books that have all 25 ITF Patterns, also called the Chang Hon Hyungs & Chonji Forms that were devised. Books to date have only contained 24, with some having the original Kodang or its replacement Juche. These have both, as well as the 3 four direction exercises. Additionally they contain the patterns devised by the late GM Park Jung Tae, the former Chief Instructor of the ITF, that are practiced by his GTF followers, who also do 24 of the ITF patterns. Finally, these books have the knife pattern created by GM Kim Bok Man, who helped devise TKD's patterns with Gen Choi.

There really does not appear anywhere to my knowledge any texts that contain all of this info, including the written instructions & the photographic detail needed to learn this patterns. To me it is a must buy & I will be adding it to my collection. I was very happy with the brilliant work Mr. Anslow did in his 1st book & eagerly await the next in that series as well.

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 06/21/10 10:34 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1906628...ASIN=1906628165

The first two volumes are available on Amazon.com. The third volume and the box set are not listed and only Amazon (USA) has the books listed.

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 06/22/10 10:50 AM

Wow.. well noticed mcmilliantkd smile

They have started to appear on Amzon.com (US), albeit slowly (and with mispellings - bloody Amazon LOL and no cover pics as yet) and should appear on Amazon.co.uk (and the other Amazons - Canada, Germany etc.) anytime now.

Not sure why vol.3 or the set hasnt appeared yet but its really all down to the publisher and Amazon Im afraid and totally out of my hands.

thanks for your interest,

Stuart

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 06/22/10 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: ITFunity
From what I read & understand, it is the only series of books that have all 25 ITF Patterns, also called the Chang Hon Hyungs & Chonji Forms that were devised. Books to date have only contained 24, with some having the original Kodang or its replacement Juche. These have both, as well as the 3 four direction exercises. Additionally they contain the patterns devised by the late GM Park Jung Tae, the former Chief Instructor of the ITF, that are practiced by his GTF followers, who also do 24 of the ITF patterns. Finally, these books have the knife pattern created by GM Kim Bok Man, who helped devise TKD's patterns with Gen Choi.

There really does not appear anywhere to my knowledge any texts that contain all of this info, including the written instructions & the photographic detail needed to learn this patterns. To me it is a must buy & I will be adding it to my collection. I was very happy with the brilliant work Mr. Anslow did in his 1st book & eagerly await the next in that series as well.

Many thanks. I hope they live up to your expectations.

Cheers,

Stuart

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 07/02/10 01:35 AM

Hurry on Sale
Totally TKD states that the $24.99 is not the regular price but that $29 will be. You have a saving for now but when I went to Amazon the price was only $22.49 for each. I do not know how long this will last.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1906628...ASIN=1906628173

You better hurry

Re: Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Forms - 07/23/10 01:34 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1906628...ASIN=1906628173

Amazon has relisted Vol 2. Mr Anslow has assured everyone that the book is out there. Hopefully they will ship quickly.