Funny the things you find...

Posted by: Supremor

Funny the things you find... - 04/07/08 11:57 AM

As I was browsing t'internet, I just happened to come accross a video of my Taekwon-do club in England. It is entirely unrepresentive of what the club does, being mostly flying kicks and the like, but I was quite impressed at how some of the younger students' patterns looked.

The demo I think was done about a week or two before I came to Poland, so I was excused from most of the demo, save the odd pattern. If you really want to know who I am, then I am the black belt holding the pad for many of the flying kicks at the beginning.

Anyway, enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg5H-WnA-04
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Funny the things you find... - 04/07/08 12:21 PM

Wow! That is a massive class! Was that a normal class size?

And Freddie, was that you doing the flying sidekick board break?
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Funny the things you find... - 04/07/08 12:29 PM

Quote:

Wow! That is a massive class! Was that a normal class size?

No, perhaps I should have been clearer- wait, I was:

Quote:

The demo I think was done about a week or two before I came to Poland, so I was excused from most of the demo,

It was just a demo. The first I think the club had ever done. My instructor basically had always wanted to have a video of the whole club doing chon-ji, and I think it's pretty cool. Normal class size is somewhere between 8 and 20. The kids and adults are split into different classes, and there are 6 adult classes a week(2 hours), and a number of children's classes.

Quote:

And Freddie, was that you doing the flying sidekick board break?

No, as I say, I was excused from most of the demo; my only contribution was performing the patterns and holding a pad for the flying kicks.
Posted by: trevek

Re: Funny the things you find... - 04/07/08 03:35 PM

Nice vid. Freddy, you're much younger looking than you sound on the forum

The classes at the Olsztyn clubs are often about that size (or they used to be, anyway).
Posted by: KickingAngel16

Re: Funny the things you find... - 08/01/08 10:16 AM

Cool vid.