master Ra yong Chul

Posted by: michaelboik

master Ra yong Chul - 01/22/08 04:53 PM

Does anyone know if master Ra is still teaching and if so where? thanks.
Posted by: EarlWeiss

Re: master Ra yong Chul - 01/22/08 05:29 PM

Last I heard he was still teaching in Colorado. Funny story. A guy I know was at his class in the 1970's. I beleive at CU. Anyway GM Ra is missing one of his hands but apparently would still "Punch" with the stump of his arm . So, the guy is sparring with him and feels the impact and looks down. He thinks "Holy **!!XX" this guy has just buried his entire fist into my body up to the forearm.

Re: master Ra yong Chul - 01/22/08 05:30 PM

http://www.rmtkd.net/id3.html

Re: master Ra yong Chul - 01/23/08 07:51 AM

Quote:

Last I heard he was still teaching in Colorado. Funny story. A guy I know was at his class in the 1970's. I beleive at CU. Anyway GM Ra is missing one of his hands but apparently would still "Punch" with the stump of his arm . So, the guy is sparring with him and feels the impact and looks down. He thinks "Holy **!!XX" this guy has just buried his entire fist into my body up to the forearm.

OMG!! That is somthing right out of Kung Po.

Re: master Ra yong Chul - 01/23/08 08:09 AM

Back in the 1970's GM Sereff also showed a "Home Movie" he took of GM Ra doing a demo. It may have been from the World Champs in Canada. Any hoo GM Ra Does a revers turning kick, kikcking an apple out of a guys mouth . Pretty cool in itself, but when his foot hit the apple. it seemed to turn into applesauce.
Posted by: ITFunity

Re: master Ra yong Chul - 01/23/08 10:26 AM

Thats probably becuase they softened it up first by squeezing it over & over again with thumbs & fingers. The topic layer becomes very mushy, but it kept in place by the skin, which of course breaks or splits when it is kicked, releasing the mush that looks like applesauce.

Re: master Ra yong Chul - 01/23/08 11:14 AM

watching the old videos of GM Ra, I was very impressed by the power in his techniques. I remember reading how Scott Sereff said that GM Ra was a stickler for the basics. He wanted to make sure that they had a strong foundation in Taekwon-Do.
Posted by: rhodeswarrior

Re: master Ra yong Chul - 08/09/11 04:39 PM

He retired from teaching in 2003. He is now living in a retirement community in Aurora, which is just outside of Denver. One of his students is my instructor.