Poomse/Hyung question

Posted by: SRVMatt

Poomse/Hyung question - 08/30/07 04:45 PM

Has anyone heard of a form/poomse called "Chong won"? It is supposedly different than the WTF's "Chonkwon."

Thanks,
Matt
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Poomse/Hyung question - 08/30/07 04:59 PM

Nope, I looked on the list for it but found nothing. Here is the list I looked at.

http://www.natkd.com/tkd_forms.htm
Posted by: VDJ

Re: Poomse/Hyung question - 08/30/07 09:28 PM

Quote:

Has anyone heard of a form/poomse called "Chong won"? It is supposedly different than the WTF's "Chonkwon."

Thanks,
Matt

Doesn't HAVE to be a WTF pattern. Some styles have similar names but are completely different. For example: The ITF (Chang Hon style) 1st Dan Pattern Gae-Baek and the WTF (Kukki style) 3rd Dan Pattern Tae-Baek. Maybe the form you have heard of belongs to the Songham (ATA) style, or maybe someone just really hacked the pronunciation !

VDJ
Posted by: SRVMatt

Re: Poomse/Hyung question - 08/30/07 11:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,
Matt

Doesn't HAVE to be a WTF pattern. Some styles have similar names but are completely different. For example: The ITF (Chang Hon style) 1st Dan Pattern Gae-Baek and the WTF (Kukki style) 3rd Dan Pattern Tae-Baek. Maybe the form you have heard of belongs to the Songham (ATA) style, or maybe someone just really hacked the pronunciation !

VDJ

I wouldn't be surprised if it is "hacked pronunciation." My instructor had mentioned it as a form he had learned maybe 30 years ago and I was seeing if someone had heard something about it. The reason I mentioned the WTF form is to say that the "Chong won" my instructor learned is different and NOT the "Chonkwon" (sp?) of the WTF. I'd also be surprised if it was an ITF form since I'm sure my instructor would have recognized it.

Though I would be surprised if it was a Songham form, does anyone know of any online resources for the Songham forms?

Our style is non-WTF Ji Do Kwan.

**EDIT**
Okay, I found a couple of the Songham forms on YouTube...I'd be real surprised if one of those was the form my instructor learned--it seems so out of character with our style. I don't know...

Matt
Posted by: tkd

Re: Poomse/Hyung question - 09/04/07 12:17 PM

Could it be "Chong won" was your instructor's instructor's name; maybe a poomse composed in honor of him?. I learned a Poomse like that in our system of JDK.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Poomse/Hyung question - 09/04/07 12:26 PM

Closest I can come is the 4th Dan pattern PyongWon in WTF. i could see where a little trouble with pronunciation might make it sound similar but other than that, you got me. Good luck with your search.

Scottie
Posted by: VDJ

Re: Poomse/Hyung question - 09/04/07 04:48 PM

Quote:

Closest I can come is the 4th Dan pattern PyongWon in WTF. i could see where a little trouble with pronunciation might make it sound similar but other than that, you got me. Good luck with your search.

Scottie

A dollar to donuts your on the money here Scottie !

VDJ