Any Jin Pal Hapkido Practitioners?

Posted by: MA_Student

Any Jin Pal Hapkido Practitioners? - 05/24/07 01:45 AM

I train in a hapkido school in Richmond, BC. Our school is NOT part of the JPH federation. But I was browsing on the net trying to find a magazine article that featured my master.

Upon doing so I came across this... I knew about this before, but now I'm even more curious.

"Deauthorization of <master's> Hapkido Studio

The Jin Pal Hapkido Federation headed by our Chairman Grand Master Kim Jin Pal regrets to inform members that the studio namely <master's> Hapkido in Richmond BC is no longer recognized as an authorized Jin Pal Hapkido Martial Arts studio effective December 16, 2005.

The federation has also rescinded <master's name> belt rank of 6th Degree and his authority to teach Hapkido in association with the Federation. This means <master> has no authority to teach the Jin Pal Hapkido curriculum. Furthermore, he and his studio is unauthorized to make reference to Grand Master Kim Jin Pal and the Jin Pal Hapkido Federation for his own benefit.

The Jin Pal Hapkido Martial Arts Federation will honor all color and black belt members who received their certificate prior to Dec 1, 2005 from <master's> Hapkido.

In order to ensure we have your belt rank record on file, please email your personal contact information and a copy of your color belt certificate in jpeg format to <email> for verification. The email must contain your full name, testing date, current rank, mailing address, phone number and email address. Thereafter, we will confirm your belt rank by sending a reply back to you via email.

Regards,

Executives of Jin Pal Hapkido Martial Arts Federation "

I took out my master's name just to save some face. Not that it's hard to find out who he is.

If anybody has any information about this please do share. I understand that there was once an article on the JPH website but it was taken down after the site was redesigned. If sum1 has a copy can they email it to me or pm me?
Posted by: MA_Student

Re: Any Jin Pal Hapkido Practitioners? - 05/24/07 01:50 AM

I understand there is an email to contact, but just to make sure there are no misunderstandings or communications I would rather not email the president of JPH to find out this information.

I'm pretty sure to them the matter is sealed and locked away not to be brought up again.