What a great Forum

Posted by: Debsk

What a great Forum - 05/02/07 01:15 PM

Hi Everyone

Thank goodness I have found this forum. Great information, great people with sensible answers (most of the time)!
I have to admit to have been lurking for a while before posting but decided enough of that and time to introduce myself.

Been practicing MA for some time now and loving it. Started out as a dancer, became a Body Builder then decided to do something useful so started with Kickboxing and moved to TKD. I still push weights as I feel its an integral part of my training.

I currently train 6 days a week, four days with TKD training and 5 days weight training. I train twice a day - lucky for me training is my life, and I am lucky to do what I love.

I would like to say, if anyone wants to ask advice on training I am happy to oblige, but then I read the advice offered by others on this forum and well, they do a more than splendid job! So I'll keep quiet for now....

Just really happy to find a place where, if I need to ask/discuss something I can.

Debsk
Posted by: MattJ

Re: What a great Forum - 05/02/07 01:21 PM

Hi Debsk. Glad you enjoy the forums. Be sure to check out the Strengthening forum, too!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: What a great Forum - 05/02/07 01:29 PM

Welcome to the forum. I was never a dancer though I like to dance at weddings and stuff. I am however a weight lifter for about 10 years, TKD guy for almost 5 years and BJJ for around 2 years. I don't get to train near enough so count yourself lucky, but make sure you don't overtrain. My normal schedule is usually 3 days a week TKD, 1-2 days BJJ and 3-6 days weight lifting. It sounds like a lot, and I always seem busy but when it all boils down it isn't too much. Weight lifting is only for an hour or so a night. TKD is maybe 1.5 hours a class and BJJ is maybe around 2 hours a class. My wife would probably disagree as this is time aways from her and many times she bugs we are strangers.

Anyways, again welcome to the forum and hope to share some discussions, questions and answers with each other.

Re: What a great Forum - 05/02/07 01:30 PM

Thanks Matt... I have been looking at the strengthening Forum too.

Re: What a great Forum - 05/02/07 01:39 PM

Hey Dereck

Yep I am lucky...;-) and sometimes I am guilty of over training. I do try to keep in in perspective though. Weight training is normally for an hr first thing in the morning, then TKD for an hr and a half in the evenings. On the days I don't have TKD I do HITT training.
I can assure you dancing helped me in my flexibility when I started TKD, but it sure made my instructor tear his hair out! He could not understand why I needed to put my hands out to the side every time I did a back kick. It got to the stage where he threatened to tape my arms together behind me . Happily it never got to that stage.

Thanks for the welcome!
Posted by: Supremor

Re: What a great Forum - 05/02/07 02:51 PM

Hi Debsk, welcome to the forum. Thankyou for your kind words, they are a tribute to the members here who are constantly asking interesting questions and starting debates. So if you've got a question, don't hesitate to start a thread!
Posted by: Emsanon

Re: What a great Forum - 05/02/07 04:25 PM

I agree with Debsk! This is a great site / forum. I'm pretty new to this place as well and have noticed the excellent discussions and that people don't tend to attack others like I've seen other forums do. I think I might stick around for a bit.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: What a great Forum - 05/02/07 05:08 PM

Then welcome to you as well Emsanon.