Blocking axe and front kicks

Posted by: Keybladesage

Blocking axe and front kicks - 02/21/07 10:14 PM

How do u defend against axe and front kicks? Btw im a red belt at my school and this iz my first post!!!!!!!
Posted by: GriffyGriff

Re: Blocking axe and front kicks - 02/21/07 10:58 PM

Hi, Good Timing..
We have just been discussing a very similar topic.
Check out the Thread entitled "Would you block an axe kick? "
Posted by: GriffyGriff

Re: Blocking axe and front kicks - 02/21/07 11:02 PM

With regards to blocking Front Kicks, I generally tend to Triangle-Step to the outside Gate whilst at the same time scooping the leg off to one side. Then I can either cut in with a direct side kick to his chest or freak them out with a spinning back kick to their head. Fun eh?
Posted by: ITFunity

Re: Blocking axe and front kicks - 02/21/07 11:17 PM

Quote:

How do u defend against axe and front kicks? Btw im a red belt at my school and this iz my first post!

What kind of front kick?
Posted by: TeK9

Re: Blocking axe and front kicks - 02/22/07 12:21 AM

The best way to defend against any attack is not to be in the way. If your not there you will not be in danger of getting hurt.

Three kinds of martial artist: novice, adept, and master.

A novice will block an attack, meeting force head on.
An adept will parry an attack, redirecting the attackers energy.
A master will not be in the way of the attack. He gives way.

Posted by: FightingFeet

Re: Blocking axe and front kicks - 02/22/07 05:43 AM

Mm... For me, i usually usually try not to block the opponent's kicks during a sparring... but instead, i try to slide sideways/away from the opponent's kick... (i don't really know how to explain... it's like going with the force of the opponent...) Correct me if i'm wrong, and, Sorry for my bad English
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Blocking axe and front kicks - 02/22/07 06:34 AM

Axe kicks: Lots of ways, you could dodge it, for instance side stepping is very effective, or just moving back. You could block it on the way up, when this happens it's best to block to the side, thus knocking the attacker off balance. You could also just charge in, if you are able to smother the person and push them back as they throw an axe kick, then they're likely to fall over and the axe kick will never be able to land.

Front Kicks: Depends what kind it is to a certain extent. If it'a a snap kick, then the range is normally quite small, so you could dodge it, or you could just guard against it, catching it on the forearms of your guard, and consequently not losing your guard. Against pushing kicks, you could just guard against it similarly to the snap kick, or you could catch the leg and use a takedown. The push kick is not the most powerful of kicks, its purpose is to push you back to get range rather than to damage you. Because of this it is possible to catch it, or charge in on it and smother the kicker.