ITF history

Posted by: trevek

ITF history - 12/22/06 04:35 PM

For anyone, likeme, who is confused about recent ITF history, this might help: http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/SECTION2-ITFinterviews01.html
Posted by: ITFunity

Re: ITF history - 12/22/06 11:27 PM

Yes, I suggest reading the info on the link. It has some good information.
Thanks for posting the link!
Posted by: EarlWeiss

Re: ITF history - 12/25/06 12:58 PM

Interesting Article, however som of Mr. Tibollo's statements are inaccurate. Notice of the Congress in Vienna was published and circulated to all plaqueholders via the ITF Newsletter dated the prior December. I have my copy, Further, in disputes concerning who are the proper representatives, someone must obvioulsy make this decision and the organization officers did just that.

As for a claim of an insufficient quorum based on the numbers present (Not referenced by Mr. Tibbolo but cited in the article) many countrys sent single reps who had the proxy of the other rep. The constitution frankly was not thourough with regard to many procedures, and this is why all 3 factions sought the need to re do it.

As legal advisor, Mr. Tibbollo was nothing more than a hired consultant and his presence was at the pleasure of those in charge. Apparently his presence was deemed unbeneficial.
All of this is now largely academic since people chose to follow their hearts rather than procedures, so the procedures are immaterial. Had they been different and followed to the letter people would still follow their hearts. This has been TKD's history, and most likey it's future as well. No need to rewrite history to justify ones actions.
Posted by: ITFunity

Re: ITF history - 12/25/06 11:23 PM

Yes the Constitution had holes in it & TBH wasn't always followed to the letter. In addition, Mr. Tibollo is now the VP of the ITF-C.

I think that all 3 groups claim they followed the constitution. All 3 did, some closer than others. Who is to say which group followed it the closest & made the least amount of mistakes, it will be interesting to see how the Courts decide. So far, it is down to ITF-NK & ITF-V in Austria Courts, with both having made some gains, but no final decision yet. I think the most telling fact is that ITF-NK has exclusive control of the ITF Headquarteres building & most of the assets. So far the Courts have not changed that.

In Canada, ITF-V & ITF-C are in litigation. If I am not mistaken that is over trademarks.

Does anyone know when final Court decisions will de in?