spinning

Posted by: lilbossman

spinning - 02/23/06 11:39 AM

I was just wondering how do you train yourself in order for you to be able to do those like 720 degree spins and then kick like all in the air. Thanx.
Posted by: TeK9

Re: spinning - 02/23/06 11:42 AM

Having spare bed matress's helps. So when you spin you can land on them. Usually if your just trying to get the spin down most likely ytou'll land on your sides, once you got the spinning down, then youo add the kicks, you no longer need the matress to land on. This is how I saw a kick practice it.
Posted by: VDJ

Re: spinning - 02/23/06 11:47 AM

With no disrespect intended, I think these kicks are a waste of time and have no practical purpose except for flash. The closest I come is the 360 narabum (tornado) kick, and thats basically for sparring or breaking and nothing else (And thats still a little to much flash)!

VDJ

Re: spinning - 02/23/06 12:02 PM

lol why the response to my post...the guy asked for advice on the kick not your opinion about it. Besides I didnt ask the question he did LoL everyone is going to think differently i bet. I can juse imagines everyones thoughts..."oh there they go again TeK and VDJ going at it again" LoL.

I personally am not into fancy kicks, nara bum is as far as I take it, and I usually kick to the chest protector rarely to the head.

Re: spinning - 02/23/06 12:08 PM

Oh hey whats up dude. I just thought of a fancy kick for breaking, which looks harder than it really is.

You will be kicking with the spinning heel kick or spinning hook kick. Same kick really.

Okay here is how it starts.
- Get into a fighting stance (right leg in the back)
- Turning step in. (now your left foot is in the back)
- Switch your fighting stance (right leg is in back)
- Follow by an immediate spinning hook kick/heel kick/wheel kick.

This technique can be broken down into 3 moves. The turning step in, the switch, the kick. Done quickly can look real impressive.

1. turning step in.
2. switch your stance.
3. spinnning kick.

Hint: When you start in your fighting stance have a small bounce going, that way your ready to move in forward. Not a big bounce, keep your feet on the ground, keep your knees flexible. Good Luck, and may the force be with you.
Posted by: VDJ

Re: spinning - 02/23/06 03:09 PM

Quote:

lol why the response to my post...the guy asked for advice on the kick not your opinion about it. Besides I didnt ask the question he did LoL everyone is going to think differently i bet. I can juse imagines everyones thoughts..."oh there they go again TeK and VDJ going at it again" LoL.

I personally am not into fancy kicks, nara bum is as far as I take it, and I usually kick to the chest protector rarely to the head.

Tek,

I wasn't really responding to you per say, it was just your post I clicked on to give my opinion. Not that your suggestion isn't valid, but I wasn't commenting on your post just the thread in general.

VDJ
Posted by: lilbossman

Re: spinning - 02/23/06 05:37 PM

Ya i know its not very practical and looks flashy thats why i wanna learn it. I used to take tkd but due to weird reasons i can't make it anymore cuz my school moved sumwhere far lol. But ya, the reason I wanted to knwo is because I am currently a film student and i tihnk it would look very nice.

Re: spinning - 02/23/06 05:47 PM

You better not make another cheesy martial arts flick...if I see one more idiot jump up and float like a crane I'm gonnna go ape shyt. MA flicks were good before the matrix decided to copy hong kong cinema and now every movie out there is a Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon knokc off. What ever to throwing a regular punch...

How about some freakion chambers in those kicks, I cant belvie we got Steven Seagla dong that crap now... Bring back the old B-movies, even Van Damns films were better than the current crap thats being made. Crappy actors doing traditional poses that even traditional kung fu fighters would never do...
Posted by: BrianS

Re: spinning - 02/24/06 04:16 AM

Quote:

I was just wondering how do you train yourself in order for you to be able to do those like 720 degree spins and then kick like all in the air. Thanx.

This is pretty good. http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=445
Posted by: Dereck

Re: spinning - 02/24/06 09:26 AM

Looks more like an attacking return spin kick.
Posted by: DolyoChagi

Re: spinning - 02/24/06 12:58 PM

WOW THAT CLIP IS AWESOME lol

and in response to the topic of this whole thing...start off by learning to do 720's and after you have that down add the kick
Posted by: MattJ

Re: spinning - 02/24/06 01:29 PM

Great clip, BrianS! Nice kick.
Posted by: Subedei

Re: spinning - 02/24/06 02:44 PM

Nice. We call that a jumping, turning roundhouse.
Posted by: dicen

Re: spinning - 02/24/06 10:19 PM

That technique is called a narabum (Tornado kick). Its an advanced form of a combination turn step in followed by a roundhouse kick. Once the practicioner is proficient at doing the technique he/she will then start adding a hop. That clip was filmed at the California State University EastBay, thats where I go to school at. Their TKD team practices MW 6-8pm. They have a few more tournaments in march against UC Davis, Standford, and UC Berkley.