i want your opinion!!!

Posted by: Yaze

i want your opinion!!! - 11/04/05 06:29 AM

hi guys i found out that we learn in my tkd school a mixed style of tkd that have in it(hapkido, traditional tkd, and a new blocks that my master found out) so do think a comption of these ma really effective in real life fight and thanks.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/04/05 06:43 AM

NO. It can't be predicted what will happen in a real right. A MA is only as good as the practicioner.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/04/05 06:58 AM

Yaze, you are going to get yourself into trouble asking questions like this. Every art has the potential to be effective depending on the practioner and how it is applied.

Be very careful how you phrase things and what you ask. Before you post a topic, you may want to do a search for similar topics to see what the replies may have been.Just a little helpful advice.

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/04/05 07:27 AM

Thanks Razor for putting it politely.

I guess it gets a little frustrating seeing the same ole question, whether an art is street effective.
Posted by: chakuy

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/04/05 03:03 PM

you are way too strong to study TKD man TKD is for show offs ppl only i say go for some thing else

what belt do u have now mate?? this is a really important question for those who doubt TKD as an effective art
Posted by: trevek

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/04/05 05:49 PM

What, show-offs who feel the need to slag off someone elses art.
Posted by: h2whoa

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/04/05 11:36 PM

Quote:

hi guys i found out that we learn in my tkd school a mixed style of tkd that have in it(hapkido, traditional tkd, and a new blocks that my master found out) so do think a comption of these ma really effective in real life fight and thanks.

I think that your master is very wise to let his art evolve. All arts need to evolve or risk becoming obsolete. If you went back and showed the man who started the root art of TKD or Judo or Karate what you learn now, they probably would not recognise their art anymore.

Let me give you an example, this is a very broad generalisation, but it is only an example. TKD was trained as a SD mechanism, then one day it became an olympic sport. Now you have two types of TKD artists...one who trains to defend his life, and another who trains to win olympic gold. The training and emphasis of each artist, will be very different yet both are TKD practitioners, the art evolved to cater for both people.
As for your master combining styles, the answer really lies with you, if you are comfortable with what you are taught, if you feel that it benefits you.....than enjoy your training!!

*bows respectfully*
Posted by: tkdkid5282

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/05/05 12:21 AM

hap ki do...very street effecticve but be careful. that stuff is dangerous and if used properly can be extremely harmful. but it really depends on the fight and who you are fighting. as a wise man said "to be the best,you have to be the best" so i dont think it has anything to do with the street effective art as it ahs to do with the martial artist himself...

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/05/05 05:05 AM

its a joke

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/05/05 07:19 AM

Quote:

as a wise man said "to be the best,you have to be the best"

Should that be, "to BEAT the best, you have to be the best?
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/05/05 11:16 AM

I think it makes sense either way.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/07/05 01:39 AM

Actually, if you beat the best, and you are the best, then you're beating yourself.
Posted by: trevek

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/07/05 03:36 AM

Careful Joel, this is a family forum... no talk of beating yourself.
Posted by: whitetiger

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/08/05 12:36 AM

I know what that's like, I beat myself all the time. Funny thing, it seems that I can never block my roundhouse and I always end up kicking my nose. Reminds me of when I took a restraining order out on myself.I found that the hardest part of the whole ordeal was staying 1500 feet from myself.

Re: i want your opinion!!! - 11/08/05 03:27 PM

MA is not about fighting every dude in the street!!! i can not tell you if that’s effective or not even if ur training with burce lee, because it depends on you (artist) and how do u use your art!!