Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân

Posted by: TKD-Skippi

Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 09/30/05 04:22 PM

I was looking at the ITF hompage and i couldent see any mention of the UKTC (the school i go to). then i stumbled across andother one, ITF homepage i meen, each website has two diferent guys claiming there the president and the other a fraudster...i have to say i wet my self laughing at this idea for a while. as a bit of a historian. i'm not bying into each others stories. but i was thinking of looking into it and the history of TKD in detail.

I personaly think all this is a HUGE waste of time an money all this argueing but well...MY teacher is a suporter of Mr chung ung, is there any one out there who reckons Master Trân Triêu Quân to be the legitimate president?...has any one got views on this story or information as to how it came about? i have a feeling this is gona turn out soundin like a sop opera plot...

regs
Posted by: VDJ

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 09/30/05 09:18 PM

Quote:

I was looking at the ITF hompage and i couldent see any mention of the UKTC (the school i go to). then i stumbled across andother one, ITF homepage i meen, each website has two diferent guys claiming there the president and the other a fraudster...i have to say i wet my self laughing at this idea for a while. as a bit of a historian. i'm not bying into each others stories. but i was thinking of looking into it and the history of TKD in detail.

I personaly think all this is a HUGE waste of time an money all this argueing but well...MY teacher is a suporter of Mr chung ung, is there any one out there who reckons Master Trân Triêu Quân to be the legitimate president?...has any one got views on this story or information as to how it came about? i have a feeling this is gona turn out soundin like a sop opera plot...

regs

You are missing a lot of what happened. There are actually 3 ITF's. ITF-V (Vienna) Master Tran's Group, ITF-NK (North Korea) Chang Ung's group (who BTW is just a politician of the NK Gov't and doesn't practice TKD), and ITF-C (Canada) Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa's group, GM Choi is the son of General Choi, founder of the ITF and the Chang Hon style of TKD. I beleive you should do some research as to get all the facts of what took place, The whole thing IS very much a soap opera, but you should know the facts. I can tell you this, I belong to none of the 3 ITF's, but find Chang Ung to be the MOST UNLIGITIMATE of the 3 as to the NK Gov't capitalized on the Generals illness and impending death to use the ITF as a political tool for their own agenda. The Vienna gov't has ruled against his group multiple times in favor of Master Tran's group, meanwhile GM Choi's group quietly moves forward under the radar.

TK
VDJ

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 10/01/05 12:59 PM

I've desided i'm going to start have a dig about and perhaps even a snif. My plan is to lookat each sides evidence and try and asertain whats going on in full. and also (hopefully) who seems to have the best claim. I will post my results when i have em...

warmest regs
Skipi

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 10/01/05 01:45 PM

Quote:

I've desided i'm going to start have a dig about and perhaps even a snif. My plan is to lookat each sides evidence and try and asertain whats going on in full. and also (hopefully) who seems to have the best claim. I will post my results when i have em...

warmest regs
Skipi

No need to post anything. Anybody who belongs to any of the 3 ITF's (and even those that have decided to leave) already know what the scoop is and have long since made their own decision. All of this started to take place about 2-3 years before the General died and climaxed about 2 years ago (about a year or so after the General had passed away). The only thing you would be doing is posting your opinion (which, of course you are entitled to do), but it would not mean anything to those who find it to be ancient history and are probably in the "know" more than you are and have decided to move on.

TK
VDJ

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 10/01/05 02:51 PM

well, fine. just thought it might be intresting. people i've spoken to get kind of 'touchy' when i bring this subject up...It has occured to me that i mentioned my teacher is in favour of Mr Chung Ung, this is not to say i have any prefrence and as such i will not be dealing out propoganda and spin...i hate those things..though they often afford me light entertainment.
Might i ask which orginisation you train with, VDJ? just out of curiousty.

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 10/01/05 07:54 PM

Quote:

well, fine. just thought it might be intresting. people i've spoken to get kind of 'touchy' when i bring this subject up...It has occured to me that i mentioned my teacher is in favour of Mr Chung Ung, this is not to say i have any prefrence and as such i will not be dealing out propoganda and spin...i hate those things..though they often afford me light entertainment.
Might i ask which orginisation you train with, VDJ? just out of curiousty.

I train within the AAU. I travel frequently for work and have a preference for ITF schools as we do most of the ITF patterns (we only do one WTF pattern per Dan level).I also find the ITF schools to be more welcoming. We also do both point sparring and olympic in the AAU.

VDJ
Posted by: trevek

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 10/02/05 05:36 AM

UKTC? UK TKD Council? Isn't that an umbrella organisation of a number of different associations, including UKTA, TAGB etc?

If you want to know more about ITF then I think Mr Rhee Ki Ha is still based in Glasgow and he was vice chairman and great friend of the general's.

Where do you train and with whom (instructor)?

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 10/02/05 08:12 AM

I train with Master P Harkess. The UKTC is afiliated with the british TKD council. I train in a leasuire center in the next town. UKTC web site:

http://www.taekwon-do.co.uk/

regs
Skippi
Posted by: trevek

Re: Mr Chung Ung V.S Master Trân Triêu Quân - 10/02/05 10:53 AM

Looks good. I used to train TAGB in Glasgow and then GTI in Ayr and Paisley with Sean McGoldrick.