New to the site

Posted by: Hapkid0ist

New to the site - 09/21/05 02:28 PM

Well I'm new here and I figure that since this is TKD its only appropriate as a Korean MA stylist I start here. So heya.
Posted by: trevek

Re: New to the site - 09/21/05 02:35 PM

Welcome aboard, Hapkid0ist! Hope you get a kick out of it!
Posted by: schanne

Re: New to the site - 09/21/05 03:13 PM

Welcome, I love Hapkido and I'm always trying to work it into our mixed MA dojo.Shihan just shakes his head and walks away when I start throwing my uke around. He is very old Jujitsu/Goju ryu traditionalist and doesn't like very much change.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: New to the site - 09/21/05 08:38 PM

Welcome to the forum, D.W.

Always great to have someone with some significant experience on board.
Posted by: oldman

Re: New to the site - 09/21/05 09:10 PM

Welcome

Re: New to the site - 09/22/05 01:32 PM

And I thank you all. I can understand the hesitation of the older generation to change. Hell change can be scary, especially for someone from a different generation, but it is a beautiful thing!
Posted by: onb

Re: New to the site - 09/22/05 02:47 PM

Hapkid0ist,
Welcome to the site. As soon as I found this group, I've been reading it every day. Hope you enjoy it as much as so many of us do too.
ONB
Posted by: Dereck

Re: New to the site - 09/22/05 03:50 PM

Welcome aboard Hapkid0ist.

I would be interested to hear more about Hapkido when you have the time. Our bases is Taekwondo but it is blended with other martial arts with one of them being Hapkido. Taekwondo and Hapkido were taught blended as one by Master Sung Lee to my Instructor and then our Instructor took up other martial arts and blended them in as well.

Look forward to hearing from you in the future. Enjoy.

Re: New to the site - 09/22/05 06:39 PM

Any time.