McDojang

Posted by: Meoit

McDojang - 07/26/05 05:09 PM

Hi all,

I know this has been done to death, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on my Dojang (as in, is it a McDojang).

The school is Kang's Tae Kwon Do in Walnut Creek CA. actually he also has a school in Anioch, so I guess it's a chain...sort of. Tuition for a year is $1500.

On the website, and in all of the school materials it says that the school is one of the "Top 10 in the nation", is there a way to validate this?

I get kind of a sick feeling seeing Master Kang or his wife drive up in their brand new 745li BMW, or their brand new Cadilac Escalade, when I have to scrape by each month to make sure I have the $77 (automatically taken out of my account), which is of course on top of the 500+ I paid as a downpayment.

I have been a student almost a year, and I have had only 1 class that was taught by Master kang. The rest are all taught by much younger instructors (the two main ones being 24 years old). They are great, it just seems kind of wrong.

I really like the school, it just seems sometimes that I am getting ripped off. Take a look at the site and tell me what you think.
http://kangstkd.com

Thanks,
Moeko
Posted by: butterfly

Re: McDojang - 07/26/05 06:23 PM

I guess it all depends on what you get out of it....but from what you just stated, do you want fries with grade certificates?

I bet they have steep testing charges that rise incrementally with the grade you are testing for.

Good luck.

-B
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: McDojang - 07/26/05 06:46 PM

RLH
Posted by: Ajacks

Re: McDojang - 07/27/05 12:54 PM

I drive a used piece of crap that is allways over heating and will probally die soon, we only charge 50 a month for MA classes Im one of the head instructors and the money goes to my top student that does most of the teaching. It's got to be about the Art and your Students people. We have no building and teach out of a park for the summer, HKD, KukiWonTKD, and Gung Fu, Kabudo weapons, and Iaido and a bunch of ther goodies up our sleve's, you get it all, 5 days a week and train as much as you like. got to move to North Dakota though LOL. =)