Tae Kwon Do and Fighting

Posted by: Anonymous

Tae Kwon Do and Fighting - 04/04/05 12:52 AM

I have been reading this message board lately. There has been a lot of talk about which MA is the best and so on. I take Tae Kwon Do it is a great Martial Art. Anyone who is a trained fighter will always have an advantage in a street fight. Regardless if it is Karate Kung-fu etc. TKD does put more emphasis on kicks and less on punches. Moreover, Tae Kwon Do is much more sport oriented MA. When sparing you are not allowed to punch to the face or kick to the legs. While this may not be the most realistic training it is much better than having no training at all. People pay good money to take TKD and many of them are older or very young, no one wants to get seriously injured during sparing. TKD schools teach your very good techniques for kicking and punching. It is up to the student to practice these techniques in a more realistic fashion if he or she chooses too. I also cross train in BJJ it is also a wonderful MA and I recommend that everyone should cross train in striking and grappling. The most important thing about MA is not comparing the styles, BJJ can beat TKD and so on. A student should realize that all MA are good and there is something that can be learned from all of them. Combing the MA is the ultimate MA. Therefore enough of this stupid bickering
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tae Kwon Do and Fighting - 04/04/05 09:51 AM

First off, welcome to the board. : )

Many of us have said this many times, but every once in a while, a new herd of trolls come in and it starts all over. Just ignore them and let the mods deal with them. There is alot of good information here from guys who have legitimate experience and want to share it. I hope you can rise above the sewage and enjoy what the real practitioners have to offer.