Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!!

Posted by: Alex89

Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/24/05 05:23 PM

Hi, I was absent from a lot of my tae kwon do classes, because I had a lot of tests and exams to study for. Today was a revision day, but I was absent, because I have a cold right now. I forgot a lot of my stuff to learn for the test, and its next tuesday!!!! Could someone please tell me the pre-arranged sparring and the combo kicks. Please!!!!By the way I'm yellow belt and study ITF.

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/24/05 05:32 PM

Sorry, I said yellow belt testing, I meant GREEN STRIPE testing.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/24/05 08:21 PM

sorry to tell you this but every school is aloud to make up their own belt system and requirement set. take for instance me. ive been studying tkd for 12 years and have never had a green stripe.

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/25/05 09:14 AM

Well, I'm srewed. If I ask my instructor what to do before the test, will I lose marks?

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/25/05 02:49 PM

What's your hurry? You'll be ready when you're ready. By next testing, you'll be ready for certain. Don't chase belts, chase proficiency.

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/25/05 10:49 PM

yea not every skool has a green stripe test. every tkd skool teaches differently and varies on tests. i'm sure ur master would understand and let u be tested when u know ur stuff and in good condition
in th mean time take care : )

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/26/05 08:13 PM

uhm its your instructors job to make sure you know the stuff, its not like you can go out and figure out which stuff he designed for the test.

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 03/27/05 03:47 PM

Thanks!

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 04/01/05 04:46 PM

I passed my test! Got my green stripe!

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 04/09/05 04:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKDaiki-jujutsu:
yea not every skool has a green stripe test. every tkd skool teaches differently and varies on tests. i'm sure ur master would understand and let u be tested when u know ur stuff and in good condition
in th mean time take care : )
[/QUOTE]

hmmm something wrong here hang on while i check the location of our poster,, yep thought so good old US of A . I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT THERE IS A SET OF BELTS AND GRADE STRUCTURE laid down with the whole tae kwon-do syllabus by general choi, grand master rhee ect. 90% of the tkd posts in here are embarrasing i hope no senior ITF masters come in they would be truly shocked.

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 04/09/05 05:05 PM

ill just add a small bit about all these lovely silk coloured dokok,s we keep seeing, you will also find the simple black and white dobok as shown in any true tae kwon-do school has meaning. look up the korean royal family colours , or just carry on being the swish silky big fish in your small shallow pond... sorry but i love tae kwon-do and to see some of the comments just well what can i say.....

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 04/10/05 04:26 AM

About the fancy "silk" doboks you criticise.

Just like every in life, we must change with the times.

Please explain how having "silk doboks" negatively affect TKD training, besides being more comfortable and more durable?

[This message has been edited by pactio_kissing (edited 04-10-2005).]

Re: Yellow belt testing for ITF!!!! - 04/10/05 04:32 AM

HAHAHA! YOU ARE SO STUBBORN, UKTA
You have no idea of how varied and different each Master Instructor has his syllabus. Some Dojangs have only the basic colours: White-Yellow-Blue-Red-Black.

Some have all these "other" colours added in sush as "green", "purple", "brown" and i'v even seen an ORANGE belt!!

It is arrogant and quite naiive to say that there is only "one correct syllabus". Of course, General Choi and Grand Master Rhee had the "Original" syllabus, but mate, get up to date and welcome to the 21st Century!! And you do not know how an ITF member will react to this. Neither do i, coz we are all unique human beings, but he/she sure wont react "shocked" like you did, Mr. UKTA, coz an ITF master is mature and humble, and KNOWS that the TKD passed down by general choi & grand master rhee has been changed a bit by later masters, to suit their own unique methods of training and that they are quite accepting of that coz you will find that it is the actual ITF members who are the ones who train their students in their own unique ways they learnt in their own experience.

The statement that we MUST follow the original TKD syllabus is a very invalid one. Dont u all agree?

Besides, the Belt system is not the basis of Tae Kwon Do. The Belt System was made simply to make it easier to learn Tae Kwon Do...hmm...isnt it a great and convenient system to have coloured belts to say what level ur in, so u can learn effectively AT YOUR OWN LEVEL?

And hedkikr, wen u said,

"What's your hurry? You'll be ready when you're ready. By next testing, you'll be ready for certain. Don't chase belts, chase proficiency."

I completely agree with you. You cant "lie" at a Tae Kwon Do Grading. The amount of practice u put in will reflect on how u perform.