Tiger and Dragon

Posted by: Anonymous

Tiger and Dragon - 03/23/05 08:06 AM

Would some one plase tell me what the meaning, in TKD or martial arts, what the "tiger" and the "dragon" represents. I see them represented in numerious TKD school logos.

Thank you very much!!!

Steve F.

pharez3@juno.com

Re: Tiger and Dragon - 03/23/05 11:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pharez:
Would some one plase tell me what the meaning, in TKD or martial arts, what the "tiger" and the "dragon" represents. I see them represented in numerious TKD school logos.

Thank you very much!!!

Steve F.

pharez3@juno.com
[/QUOTE]

Can anyone really answer that matter of fact? I believe that it is more of a philosophy. The tiger and dragon represent your "inner beast" while in predator or prey mode. Imagine the explosive power of a predatory beast! It has to swiftly take down its prey, often larger than itself. It instinctively knows its prey's vulnerable points and just where and how to strike them and vise versa.
It is the spirit of the animal within yourself - i.e. power, strength, perserverance, determination, integrity etc...

Re: Tiger and Dragon - 03/23/05 11:37 AM

Thank you for your reply -- most helpful

Steve F
Posted by: schanne

Re: Tiger and Dragon - 03/23/05 12:51 PM

The two animals represent power & wisdom.

Re: Tiger and Dragon - 03/23/05 05:33 PM

Schanne:

Big thanks.

Steve F.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Tiger and Dragon - 03/23/05 09:43 PM

They represent several things.

Tiger represents physical/muscular strength, tenacity and ferocity. Think of it as representation of the physical body.

Dragon represents mental/spiritual strength, a connection with the heavens, inner/spiritual strength. Think of it as a representation of the Mind/spirit.

Re: Tiger and Dragon - 03/28/05 08:05 AM

NEKOGAMI 13:

Thanks for the enlightenment. Just now got to your message. Long weekend.

Again thanks,

Steve Ferris

Re: Tiger and Dragon - 03/29/05 12:07 PM

Well said !!