unambidextrous

Posted by: Anonymous

unambidextrous - 02/08/05 11:16 AM

I am a very unambidextrous person.. I am good with my right leg when kicking but my left is not very flexable and slower and less precise.. I do work harder on my left then my right when I am training alone. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or a technique for becoming more compliant with my left leg.. Looking for suggestions.. Thank you!!!

Re: unambidextrous - 02/08/05 11:36 AM

You are doing the right thing.

Just keep practicing your weaker side more, and pretty soon it will even out.

Re: unambidextrous - 02/08/05 02:37 PM

I have been doing TKD for almost 4 years and I still cant get my left leg to perform as well as my right. Its strange. My legs do everything together unlike hands where you use your right more than left. (some of us are lfet handed so the opposite is true). Your left leg is probably better at keeping you balanced so your right leg can kick more. I say. do 2X more kicks with the left leg than the right when training. in a fight (sparring or whatever) use your good leg, but give the weak one extra attention outside the ring. have you tried weight lifting on just the left leg? that might help too. unless your under 18 I dont recomend you lift weights yet.