USA Taekwondo doing away with States

Posted by: Anonymous

USA Taekwondo doing away with States - 01/22/05 02:48 PM

can anyone else agree with me that the Olympic commitee, obviously disaproving with the amount of politics, corruption and favoritism that exists at a State level, that they just simply did away with the state representaion. It is my understanding that state championship no longer apply in order to compete a their Junior Olympics or National Championships. The USA TKD now offers 6 Regional Qualifiers (that they control), you must place there in order to compete at their World Class Div. Otherwise you can just show up and compete at their Elite Open div, providing you apply in time. World Class Division just open doors for you to train at their camps and tryout for their teams. Big deal right!! After all, you want to try out for the Olympic team you have to do what they want!! Competitors with more money, doesn't mean they are better fighters. Anyway, is there anyone that can enlighten the public as to the real reason why all these changes are taking place. Can you believe that some of the schools around the metropolitan are of NY,NJ,CT,PA are trying to get together to establish their own association seperate from the USA TKD. I think it's a bad Ideal
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: USA Taekwondo doing away with States - 01/22/05 04:08 PM

I was surprised to hear last year at the ny state tourney, they weren't a prerequisite for the nationals. The rest is news to me. Thanks for the heads up.