1st grading

Posted by: Anonymous

1st grading - 12/19/04 06:19 AM

Hello, this morning i attended my first grading to gain my first yellow tag. I pulled off all the moves to 100% accuracy which i was really pleased about, at the thoery stage i was asked 2 questions, 1 being , what are the 5 tenants which i correctly answered and the 2nd being, (as the examiner put it) what are the names of the two knuckles you punch with, me not knowing that the instructor meant the meaning of forefist, which i knew, i therefore got the question wrong.
I am worried that because of this i may of failed the grading, if anyone can help me out here, i wish clarification on if you think i passed or failed, i only got that question wrong, i excecuted all the moves perfectly, what does this mean, did i pass or not!? i have to wait till 2mora to find out from my instructor, but if any of you have any views pleease post. thank you.

jon

Re: 1st grading - 12/19/04 10:32 AM

The question sounds strange to me. If he asked for nameS of the two knuckles you punch with my first inclination would be to answer with the latin anatomical names.

I can't say whether you'll pass or not, only your instructor can. I can tell you whether I would have passed you or not, but my standards are not necessarily that of your instructor's.

Re: 1st grading - 12/19/04 10:35 AM

yer it was a real unfair question, and are the gradings ranked on points, like u are awarded points for different parts of the grading? cos if soo, i think i did pretty good, apart from that one bad question.

Re: 1st grading - 12/19/04 01:41 PM

Id say you passed. The first grading tends to be quite easy, unless of course hes a real stickler for details.

Did you point out the knuckles that you punch with. I dont even know the anatomical names and Im a red belt. Ive got a grading in the new year and Im not even sure of my pattern. Ive got xmas to sort it out tho.

I wouldnt get paranoid about it. I think on the whole most masters are quite ok on the first couple of gradings. Its the later ones with all the history stuff and meanings of things that you will get hammered on.

Peace Out

Scott

Re: 1st grading - 12/19/04 02:06 PM

Basically, he asked me what the two knuckles you mainly punch with, and i didnt know , and he sed the answer as Ap Jumook
which i knew was the korean term for forefist, i just didnt know the two knuckles were known as the forefist, so i had no clue what he meant.

Re: 1st grading - 12/20/04 12:53 PM

Passed with A pass, so wasnt worth worrying bout, woo!!! thnks for the help tho guys and gals