3 Step Sparring

Posted by: Anonymous

3 Step Sparring - 12/12/04 03:36 AM

Hi, I stumbled upon this message board looking for info on 3 step sparring. If anyone can point me in the direction of a website with 1-9 listed or has the time/bother to send me a list of the attacks, blocks and counter attacks I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,

Re: 3 Step Sparring - 12/12/04 04:25 AM

Hi Jane84, I've just dug out my old syllabus. Please bear in mind that not all organisations use the same 3 step sparring moves. For example, below is the 3 step sparring from my old ITF organisation, which has 10 different moves.

ATTACK: Always three middle section front punches in walking.

DEFENCE: As below.

----------

No1.

Defence: Right leg back walking stance, middle inner forearm block to inside three times.

Counter: Reverse punch (right hand)

----------

No2.

Defence: Left leg back 'L' stance, middle inner forearm block to the outside three times.

Counter: Right hand knifehand strike, stepping forward with front foot into sitting stance.

----------

No3.

Defence: Left leg back 'L' stance, middle inward outer forearm block to the inside three times.

Counter: Right hand backfist to temple, slipping front foot into walking stance.

----------

No4.

Defence: Left leg back 'L' stance, middle inner forearm block to the outside three times.

Counter: Double middle punch, sitting stance moving right foot.

----------

No5.

Defence: Right leg back 'L' stance, middle outer forearm block to the inside two times.

Counter: Move to right, form sitting stance, execute left outer forearm block and right high punch simultaneously.

----------

No6.

Defence: Right leg back 'L' stance, middle outer knifehand block to the inside two times.

Counter: Move to right forming sitting stance, execute left middle outer knifehand block, and right high section outer knifehand strike.

----------

No7.

Defence: Right leg back 'L', middle outer forearm block to the inside two times, step back at 45 degree angle to the right forming 'L' stance, execute forearm guarding block.

Counter: Right front kick, double middle section punch in walking stance

----------

No8.

Defence: Right leg back 'L' stance, middle outer knifehand block to the inside two times, step back at 45 degree angle to the right, forming 'L' stance, execute knifehand guarding block.

Counter: Right side piercing kick, right high section knifehand strike in 'L' stance.

----------

No9.

Defence: Right leg back 'L' stance, middle palm block to the outside three times, step back at 45 degree angle to the left forming 'L' stance, forearm guarding block.

Counter: Middle right turning kick, high section knifehand strike in vertical stance.

----------

No10.

Defence: Right leg back 'L' stance, middle outer forearm block to the inside two times, step back at 45 degree angle to the right forming 'L' stance, forearm guarding block.

Counter: Right backkick, left high section reverse knifehand strike in walking stance.

----------

Phew! It's been a while since I've gone through that lot! I don't teach 1, 2 or 3 step sparring in my Freestyle TKD syllabus, hence why I had to refer to my old books/syllabus.

Take care,

Gaffer.

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 12-12-2004).]

Re: 3 Step Sparring - 12/12/04 05:56 AM

Thanks so much for that Gaffer, now I can start practicing!