who uses TKD for fighting on the street?

Posted by: Anonymous

who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/01/04 04:31 PM

Hi im just wondering who uses TKD for fighting on the street?And if you have are do use it what are your experiences? I uses it on the street and i find it pretty usefull compared to what a lot of people say!! You just have to know how when and the right distance and its perfact! any way just wondering who uses it! please shout out!!!!
THANKS!!!!

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/01/04 06:26 PM

yes i have. once this guy took some of my money. he was just fooling around like he was going to give it back. so i waited. Minutes passes, then he ran away. when i caught up to him he said "if you want it fight for it" so i did. i dont want to sound mean but this guy was jabbing like he was retarded. it took only a side kick reverse round kick combo to stop him without getting either of us hurt. he gave it back and now hes so scared he doesn't even like to look at me

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/02/04 01:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Samurai_Joe:
yes i have. once this guy took some of my money. he was just fooling around like he was going to give it back. so i waited. Minutes passes, then he ran away. when i caught up to him he said "if you want it fight for it" so i did. i dont want to sound mean but this guy was jabbing like he was retarded. it took only a side kick reverse round kick combo to stop him without getting either of us hurt. he gave it back and now hes so scared he doesn't even like to look at me[/QUOTE]

Thats kinda funny!!!!Cool though I like the combo Im a big fan of combos!Thanks 4 your story i enjoyed it!
THANKS!!

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/02/04 04:55 PM

not a problem

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/03/04 03:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Samurai_Joe:
not a problem[/QUOTE]

Is tkd your main thing you use? and could you try to get more people to reply to my massage please!
Id appreciate your help alot!
thanks!

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/03/04 04:06 PM

no, in order learned i know Taebo, Taekwondo, and escrima/arnis. And no, im new here that was the first message i've sent.

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/03/04 05:39 PM

My friend from the Dominican republic told me many stories.. hes a first dan in taekwondo and he lived in a crime infested area. he told me one time,, some guy who pushing him,, then he slid back.. the guy going toward him and he did a spinning back kick. another story he told me is that he had a knife pulled on him,, he did alot of things he learned in sparring, he didi a outer-inner crescent kick(not good for sparring) then a left roundhouse to the face..

then another friend who went to Iraq, a mad iraqi tried to punch him and he didi a quick roundhouse to the face.. but i don't want to talk about tha tone anymore.

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/04/04 03:23 AM

yeah, I had this guy who is a judo-karate black belt. he was just making fun of my aikidoka friends but playing fair, I used my 8th grade yellow belt skills of tkd to deliver a roundhouse kick to the guy. he messed up with us again and the whole group was on him and he went into hiding for a week and showed up and didn't dare to make fun of us again!
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/04/04 03:58 AM

Yeah, There was this tkd guy who came to our dojo,& he wanted to fight me. So we starting sparring,Then he started to do a roundhouse & i kicked him in the groin. He left the dojo crying like a baby,& I tried to tell him that in isshinryu,You're allowed to kick in the groin area. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/04/04 01:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Isshinryukid4life:
Yeah, There was this tkd guy who came to our dojo,& he wanted to fight me. So we starting sparring,Then he started to do a roundhouse & i kicked him in the groin. He left the dojo crying like a baby,& I tried to tell him that in isshinryu,You're allowed to kick in the groin area. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

i didnt ask you to tell me about your Isshinryu junk.And another thing since you kicked him in the groin..YOU ARE JUST A BIG FAT PUSSY!!!!

[This message has been edited by TKDFighter69 (edited 11-04-2004).]
Posted by: goldencrane

Re: who uses TKD for fighting on the street? - 11/05/04 10:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKDFighter69:
i didnt ask you to tell me about your Isshinryu junk.And another thing since you kicked him in the groin..YOU ARE JUST A BIG FAT PUSSY!!!!

Since you were talking about Street effectivness i would have to say a kick to the groin would be very effective. But is obvious that you are probably trolling here and i will not tolerate the foul language so this thread is CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by TKDFighter69 (edited 11-04-2004).]
[/QUOTE]