Looking for a good TKD in San Diego Area

Posted by: Anonymous

Looking for a good TKD in San Diego Area - 10/23/04 04:37 PM

Hi! I'm a college student looking to get into shape physically and mentally. I want to know if there's anyone out there who knows of a good Tae Kwon Do school in San Diego. I'm already taking a Martial Arts class at the university. It focuses on Tang Soo Do. Those moves are great. I figure that as soon as I get comfortable learning these moves, I'll probably know what to expect taking another Martial Class outside of school. I want to do TKD because those high kicks I see are amazing. I want to have that flexibility. But I also want to get buff, and that's why I signed up for the gym at the university I'm attending. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really appreciate it!
Posted by: hkphooey

Re: Looking for a good TKD in San Diego Area - 10/30/04 10:26 PM

I'd try Grandmaster Kang's on El Cajon Blvd. It's ITF. I haven't been there for a few years, but I liked it when I trained there about 6 years ago. At that time he was accepting only black belts. I think it has changed since then. The monthly fees were reasonable, but I'd ask about testing fees before committing (no, there were no contracts!).
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Looking for a good TKD in San Diego Area - 10/31/04 06:24 AM

Thank you! I will look into that dojo. What is the precise address and phone number so that I can go check it out? I'm still open to anymore suggestions from anyone else.

[This message has been edited by aztec1 (edited 10-31-2004).]