Olympic taekwondo coverage

Posted by: Anonymous

Olympic taekwondo coverage - 10/18/04 03:02 PM

Hello everyone. I hope some of you got a chance to see some of the olympic TKD matches (Athens 2004). I know they were on at odd times of the day. Sadly I was on vacation and didn't see them (and my VCR malfunctioned!).

I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding videos or DVDs of the matches. Thankfully I've seen some of the matches over the internet but I'd love a good clean VHS or DVD. I contacted NBC/MSNBC to see it they had any plans of releasing a DVD but they haven't gotten back to me. Has anybody heard anything or does anyone know if videos are out already?!

thanks,
APK

Re: Olympic taekwondo coverage - 10/21/04 05:28 AM

man, in my opinion, dont bother
unless you do the sport taekwondo. in which case thats fine, go watch it
as for me i do the martial arts, and personally i was ashamed of the taekwondo on the olympics
they didn't block, they didn't punch, they didn't sidestep attacks, and they constantly had their guard down
and i heard a few of the commentators refer to it as a martial art...
i know im gonna get worked for saying this, but from a martial arts perspective...that was really stupid on the olympics
especially seeing as they were self claimed 21st degree blackbelts or something stupid like that.

im gonna get flamed for this...

Re: Olympic taekwondo coverage - 10/21/04 08:18 PM

APK,

I have not seen any video's for sale yet. in 2000 NBC sold a series called Quest for the Gold, but I haven't seen anything like that this year.
If you here from nbc let me know, please I would like to have a clean copy too.

Thanks,
tkd

srichards,
wow, I guess the olympic teams could have used expert like you... where were you? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif[/IMG]

TKD

Re: Olympic taekwondo coverage - 10/23/04 01:43 AM

hahah damn straight they coulda used me...

nah i was just saying that that was more of a sport not a martial arts and got annoyed when the commentators said it was a martial arts.

plus i was in a pretty pissed off mood anyway when i wrote that [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Olympic taekwondo coverage - 10/24/04 09:27 PM

srichards,

the commentators said more than one time that this was the sport side of tkd. and the art is different.

Sparring has always been in tkd, and has always been just one side of it.

so please don't judge so quickly