Scholarships

Posted by: Anonymous

Scholarships - 10/17/04 12:40 PM

Does anyone know of some scholarship programs for martial artists or people who practice Tae Kwon Do? I'll be heading off to collage in about two years and I want to find someone/something to help me pay for it.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Scholarships - 10/17/04 08:23 PM

Ditto.
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: Scholarships - 10/18/04 05:15 AM

In the UK universities and some colleges have all kinds of sport clubs. They pay a wage to the instructor so the students pay a very minimal training fee (£2 for MA at University of Essex)

You could ask the college you are going to whether they have this in place.
Sharon

Re: Scholarships - 10/19/04 11:52 AM

I have never heard of a “martial arts” scholarship program. But, the TKD association I used to belong to had a $200-$500 scholarship they would award to a brown belt or higher student who was going to college. There was an application process, ect. I do know there a many scholarships out there and if you look and keep an open mind you should be able to locate something you could use. You also might think about finding a school and asking if you could teach and earn some $’s that way. Where are you thinking of going to college?

Re: Scholarships - 10/21/04 12:34 PM

Most colleges and universities have literaly hundreds of scholarships available to students. Many successful students accumulate two,three or more methods of funding. I am not aware of any designated martial arts/taekwondo/karate scholarships. We have had a martial arts program cognate in Exercise,Sport and Health Education at Radford University (www.radford.edu) since
1986. Best advice is to begin early and collect info on as many scholarship/funding programs as possible. Good Luck.
Dr.Beasley
Professor,ESHE, Martial Arts