i want to lose weight badly help plz

Posted by: Anonymous

i want to lose weight badly help plz - 10/13/04 10:16 PM

anyway i wantto lose some weight and i also want to build up muscle i weigh about 170 or so and i want to lose weight in my stomac and in my legs (thies) i am willing to follow any work ou and or diet so if u can help me plz post me

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 10/13/04 10:53 PM

hi user69,
If you want to loose weight then you need a good cardio workout. Such as swimming, jogging, rowing machien.
If you want to gain muscle mass aswell as loose weight i recomend that you increase your muscle mass first. If you try to loose weight and increase muscle mass they will cancel eachother out. This is because to lose weight you have to eat less food than your body needs so it burns off fat. The problem with growing muscle at the same time as lossing weight is that muscles are harder for your body to maintain than fat. So in which case your body will lose muscle if you starve yourself of nutrients too long.
My advice is to get a good program such as this one that i use. If you would like it please email me at knightcommander69@hotmail.com />Thankyou Oli
Posted by: Christiancadet

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 10/15/04 04:12 PM

Lunges lots of lunges about 240 yards of lunges. then a mile and a half run to cool down. Been doing this for 2 weeks twice a week with normal mile jogs every other day and have lost 7 pounds bringing me down to one twenty five at 5-8. Also I haven't had any need to diet to achieve this and have been pigging out.

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 10/15/04 04:30 PM

Before I started TKD, I was 6'0" and 245. I am now down to 200. I dropped those 45 pounds in just under 3 months. I stuck to a 1500 calorie diet, and continued my normal training schedule at TKD (3 days a week). I am now on a maintenance plan of 1800 calories per day and at least 2 days a week at TKD.

I also make sure that I keep a diary of my diet so that I am accountable to my self for the days that I over eat.

It takes discipline to diet. But, this system has worked well for me.

Happy Training!

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 10/17/04 09:48 PM

I was 5'5 160 pounds. I've been taking TaekwonDo for 4 months now, everyday after work. I did a "Modified Slim fast". I Took one for breakfast, lunch, and ate whatever i wanted for dinner(usually very unhealthy dinner). I am 145 now and I have strong legs and my stomach is smaller. I used to wear a 34 inch jeans.. now I wear 32 inch easily. I have been working my pecks, biceps, triceps and shoulder.. so i feel strong overall. thanks to Taekwondo

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 10/17/04 09:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WiseTiger:
Before I started TKD, I was 6'0" and 245. I am now down to 200. I dropped those 45 pounds in just under 3 months. I stuck to a 1500 calorie diet, and continued my normal training schedule at TKD (3 days a week). I am now on a maintenance plan of 1800 calories per day and at least 2 days a week at TKD.

I also make sure that I keep a diary of my diet so that I am accountable to my self for the days that I over eat.

It takes discipline to diet. But, this system has worked well for me.

Happy Training!
[/QUOTE]

thats really awesome.. good job.

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 10/25/04 05:26 PM

I personally found weight lifting made a significant difference. I'm 5'8.5" and once weighed 193 lbs. In 3 months of weight lifting I went down to 165 lbs and was in best shape I had ever been, plus was stronger and faster. I now weigh 200 lbs mainly because I've been trying to put mass on which unfortunately has worked a bit against me for TKD as I'm less flexible and don't have the endurance of many lighter people. On the other hand TKD has worked against me for weight lifting as I can no longer lift as much as well I have lost some size (i.e. chest, arms, legs). This was my choice to do both and I have to balance each.

Even if you lift light you'll loose weight as muscle burns more fat. And after a work out you are still burning calories for hours.

Good Luck and Good Training

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 11/10/04 10:51 PM

running running and well more running to loose weight and to get a ripped upper boddy go rock climbing at least 2wice a week and for iscolated leg work outs lunges and hill running (mountains are even better)
so run at least 2 times a week and climb as much as posable and do a mountain run at least once a week for more running tips go to http://www.runnersworld.com excelent site they also got diet plans and weight los plans for the average person and hard core runners good luck

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 11/21/04 03:08 PM

O.K. for the stomach I'd do 100 sit ups ( work up to it start with 25 then work up to 50 and so on untill your at 100 or more sit ups a day.) for the legs I'd do 50 front snap kicks, round house kicks, axe kicks, and bounces/hops(bounce on the balls of your feet realy good for endurance and agility.) I'd also do leg raises.(lay on your lower back supporting your weight with your arms and keep your legs straight and off the ground. raise and lower your legs one by one 20 times. then cross them 20 times. after that bring your knees towards your chest then push them straight out 20 times. finally bring your legs up and down together 20 times.) like the sit ups it would be wise to start with 5 or 10 at first and work up to 20 or 40! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: i want to lose weight badly help plz - 11/24/04 12:10 PM

IF you want to lose weight and really want to lose it then you need to do cardo. I'm not talking biking or on the treadmill you need to run. you need to start at 2 miles and by the end of the month be at 5 some tips for running stride out breath in your nose out your mouth (you can breath in your mouth and out it as well if you need to) move your arms just your arms not your body (This takes practice. Relax and step easy don't take hard loud steps. Just like in TKD smooth. Now you also need to eat and eat right you need to make sure your getting protein carbs and vitemins Just eat right. Follow the food guide. This will help you mantain the muscle you have and will allow you to build muscle later. Just so you know when you starve your self the first thing your body uses for engery is muscle.

Now your work out make sure you do your upper body lower body and back. Eat right and remember to train each one of your muscle groups at different angles. Hire a personal trainer. if you want more info my email is goopies1100@aol.com