training from videos

Posted by: Anonymous

training from videos - 10/09/04 03:01 PM

i was looking for a video for my training, since its so frustrating to train alone.
i was thinking of Cutting Edge Taekwondo Box Set With Steven Lopez and Family
and i want to know if its any good..i found it on amazon....

Any suggestions? or if you dont like it, any other good videos that you recomend?

(i just need to know drills and kicks..not forms, 1-3 step sparring, etc.)

Re: training from videos - 10/09/04 03:08 PM

oh yeah..i love to train..my taekwondo lessons are on mon, wed, and fri. and there are 2 classes each of the following day(1 and half hour for each class).

i always try to take all the classes..but it leaves me tue, thur, sat, and sundays.

and how do you edit??
Posted by: ipscshooter

Re: training from videos - 10/09/04 05:50 PM

To edit, click the little icon with the paper and pencil at the top of your post.

My "homework" usually consists of working on hyungs or working out on the heavybag. I also try doing a little running on nights when I don't have lessons.

Re: training from videos - 10/10/04 09:30 AM

One set of videos that I have found useful kicking is 'Revolution of Kicking' from Culture Maker. It gives a detailed explaination of how to do a variety of kicks, explains why the kicks are done that way and provides a series of exercises to improve technique and speed.

One interesting thing I have found on CD-ROM is 'Practical Gyeorugi'. This 3 CD set is pretty good. After going through some basics and useful stretches for warm-up and training on the first CD you go onto combination kicks and some physical training exercises. Finally on the third CD you go onto tactical tips and combination techniques useful in sparring, as well supplying a copy of WTF Competition Rules and Regulations.
The best link I have found for this CD set is tkdculture.org. It is all in Korean but i assure you the CD set is presented in English.

Don't ask me where you can buy these things on the internet. I actually picked them up at a TKD store in Seoul.