Tae Hap Do?

Posted by: Anonymous

Tae Hap Do? - 10/07/04 06:29 PM

Hey i am learning tae hap do. this is my 3rd month. i was just wondering if it is useful against streetfights?

i got into a fight before(this guy wouldnt stop talkin about my race and kept on pushing me), i grabbed this guy and kicked him then he fell. but when he stood back up he was mad(lol)...he ran into me and punched to the face. then a pe teacher came..(i knew i couldve kicked his butt if i used just punches)

i was thinking and we hardly used those kinds of blocks in tae hap do(im sure its taekwondo and hapkido mixed), but if i think of taehapdo..i cant think of basic blocks,punches i couldve used.

suggestions to my problems? and how should i train..i do some punches then taekwondo basics then hapkido basics then forms then step sparring (just by myself) then try to work some kicking combos for sparring

(oh yeah my instructors cool..hes korean and i once joined one of those american type of taekwondo(all american)..im like this aint kick boxing and stunt kinda **** ..)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tae Hap Do? - 10/09/04 05:29 AM

was one of your questions what type of block you should have done?
if so, best one to do would be to step to the side and do an outer forearm block
sidestepping does wonders, especially if they are running at you.
a good training method for this is one-step sparring.
i'm not sure if you do this in your Tae Hap Do (never heard of it before..) but its a good method because it makes you get used to countering a punch
its even easier if they are charging at you because they normally put all their effort into one punch, which helps you to put them off balance.
i'm not really sure if i answered your question...but thats just my 2 cents [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

ps. racism sucks serious ass. a straight snap kick to the jaw next time he says any **** [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

have fun

*edit: just realised that you already said you did one-step sparring... an improvement you can do is to do it in class aswell, and maybe even make your partner do a charging punch. talk to your instructor about it. he will give you good advice.

[This message has been edited by srichards (edited 10-09-2004).]