Balance and flexibility

Posted by: Anonymous

Balance and flexibility - 08/28/04 02:37 PM

I trained in Taekwondo years but I stopped for many years due to work. Now I have the opportunity to return but I’m having some trouble in some very important areas. The first area of concern one is my balance, especially when I’m doing spinning kicks I have the tendency to stumble. The second area is flexibility front kicks are OK but side and round kicks are low and inaccurate. I heard vinegar could help with flexibility is this true? Do the stretch machine really work?

Your comments are welcome.

Please help me continue in the art I love.

Re: Balance and flexibility - 08/28/04 02:56 PM

for me i just practise my side kiks and front splits and sitting down with your legs out then grab the balls of your feet and lift them of the ground. For balnce its morking on those smaller muscles, so walk on oyur tip toes and anything alse that requires less balece.
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: Balance and flexibility - 08/28/04 04:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kruzkontrol:
I trained in Taekwondo years but I stopped for many years due to work. Now I have the opportunity to return but I’m having some trouble in some very important areas. The first area of concern one is my balance, especially when I’m doing spinning kicks I have the tendency to stumble. The second area is flexibility front kicks are OK but side and round kicks are low and inaccurate. I heard vinegar could help with flexibility is this true? Do the stretch machine really work?

Your comments are welcome.

Please help me continue in the art I love.
[/QUOTE]

Dynamic stretching to the front, sides and back will give you flexibility AND balance. You don't a machine or a partner to help you with this. Vinegar isn't going to help you achieve flexibility, only hard work and dedication.
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: Balance and flexibility - 08/28/04 11:46 PM

Vinegar?

Never heard of that before.

Re: Balance and flexibility - 08/29/04 04:15 PM

I had a team mate in college football that brewed up his own special energy/re-hydration drink that had viniger in it. I dont know what the vineger was supposed to do though.

Does anybody know what its used for?

Re: Balance and flexibility - 08/29/04 04:55 PM

Yes. It is very useful at easter time.

Great egg colouring.
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: Balance and flexibility - 08/30/04 12:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Random:
Yes. It is very useful at easter time.

Great egg colouring.
[/QUOTE]

LMAO excellent idea.

I can't see vinegar having any use in flexibility---unless comsuming acetic acid somehow makes you more flexible rather than making you vomit.

Personally, I use it to clean windows (Look, no streaks, Ma!) and clean the coffee maker.
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: Balance and flexibility - 08/30/04 05:35 PM

For about a year I would down a shot of vinegar every morning. Its said to have cleansing properties of the body similar to garlic however, as been stated, vinegar will not increase flexibility. I'm fairly sure of that [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Re: Balance and flexibility - 09/04/04 08:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WeißMeister:
for me i just practise my side kiks and front splits and sitting down with your legs out then grab the balls of your feet and lift them of the ground. For balnce its morking on those smaller muscles, so walk on oyur tip toes and anything alse that requires less balece.[/QUOTE]

YOU HAVE TO STAY FOCUSED IF YOU KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE TARGET THIS WILL HELP YOU, FROME BEGINNING TO END OF TECHNIQUE
ALSO YOU MIGHT BE OVER SHOOTING YOUR TARGET, REMEMBER WHEN DOING A SPINNING SIDE KICK THE KICK DOES NOT BRUSH THE TARGET BUT GOES IN LIKE A PUNCH.
ANOTHER THING IS NOT TO SPIN ON YOUR HEELS ARE BRING YOUR HEELS TO HIGH OFF THE GROUND.
RELAXING IS THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO, SLOW DOWN.