Going back to tae kwon do

Posted by: Anonymous

Going back to tae kwon do - 08/23/04 08:06 PM

hey this is my first time here and i just need some help, iam going to try to rejoin Tae Kwon Do but the first hurdle is going to get my parents to pay for the classes because money is slightly tight

but thats not what im here to say, i joined maybe 1-2 summers ago and i was in it for maybe 3 months i thought i was doing good i was going to go for the qualifing exam.

I have the training device well i can explain it because i dont know the name of it, it is like a plastic stand with a punching bag sort of object put on it for kicking, i use that every now and again and i weight lift a little and wanted to know what i can do to

Make my kicks more accurate,high,and fast i also want to know what i can do to make myself more fit to get a "Six Pack" thank you
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: Going back to tae kwon do - 08/24/04 04:40 PM

Glad to see you're trying to get back into TKD. Hope the money isn't that big of a hurdle. Tell your parents how TKD will enhance your concentration, discipline (school marks). [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

*THEE* best thing you can do for your training is.....

Consistantcy. Go to at least three classes a week, and give 100% in every class. When you can't make it to class, practice at home. There isn't "one" technique, or trick, that will make you better. Hard work and determination will.

Six pack? Purely for looks. I'm guessing you're still pretty young. Eat clean, go to class and work hard, and they'll show up. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by MikeMartial (edited 08-25-2004).]
Posted by: reaperblack

Re: Going back to tae kwon do - 08/24/04 09:35 PM

the device you are trying to name is called a wavemaster.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Going back to tae kwon do - 08/25/04 10:28 AM

hey well im still young only 16 but i guess it sorta looks and kinda for gettin into better shape im only like 5'8 - 5'10 somewhere in that region and im 178 lbs so im overweight i wish i wasent but wishin wont get you anywhere, so im going back when school starts thanks for the advise and i want to know what exercizes and stretching i should do to maximise my weightloss activities thank you again
Posted by: reaperblack

Re: Going back to tae kwon do - 08/25/04 04:33 PM

it isn't the weight that matters it's the fat content. We are approximately the same height and I too am overweight right now but I have been as skinny as a 24 inch waste, but that was at 197lbs or 90kgs your choice. None the less I have a great deal of advice concerning this topic, based on what has worked for me in the past.
1. Diet- make sure that you have a sufficiently diverse diet, which is high in greens and meat. Carbohydrates only early in the day, and no sugar, alcohol, or dairy. Do not cut back on your protein intake, do cut back on you carbs.
2. exercise- do weight training, heavy weight training, the muscle you gain the more fat you burn, almost exponentially. Do a short cardio workout at the beginning of your workout and then a big one at the end. Or if you are doing weghts on the same day as your MA, do the weights first, then half an hour to an hour off, and your MA. Make sure that you stretch every day and make sure that you breathe when you stretch.
3. Make sure that you are exercising all the muscle groups and not just your legs, or chest, etc. and make sure that you do exercises for specific stabilizer muscles. Elevated tiger claw push ups are an exellent exercise, but you may need to work up to these, as well as fist push ups, claps, two finger push ups, and military press push ups, this would be an example of five sets that would serve you well for chest. It has varying angles, levels of resistance and uses different stabilizers. for legs do squats, horse stance, lunges, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises, stairs, and bike riding. Do all of these for for a couple sets. Dont forget the curls, and butterflies, and tricept extensions.
This should give you a good workout: for all of these exercises do next to no weight for the first two weeks just to get the motion down, then two weeks of as much as you can for 12 reps, then 4 weeks of as much as you can for 4-6 reps, then stay at that weight for 4 weeks going up in the number of repetitions each work out. One other thing to remember, don't work out every day, especially not at first. The rest and recovery time is more important to your muscles than the exercise. If you don't rest enought you will experience cramping, and over fatigue. You will also not see results as dramatic or quickly. Oh and the push ups should all be done to fail.