need some help

Posted by: Anonymous

need some help - 06/01/04 11:35 PM

Recently I involved in a street fight. Well my opponent, whom i knew since my school days, was against me. Then we fought. Well I realize that I had to rely on grappling to him down and applied arm bar technique. What made me think after fighting is can I rely om grappling skills to bring down an opponent in street fight situation? I would say i was lucky since he had no background on grappling( taekwondo and karate school representive). What is your comment about it?

Re: need some help - 06/20/04 08:52 AM

good. u need to take a hapkido. :-)

Re: need some help - 07/13/04 05:49 AM

At least you handled the situation .Just remember your technique and not to use unnecessary force and youll be okay.
Posted by: goldencrane

Re: need some help - 07/13/04 11:58 AM

Sounds like you did the right thing cause you won [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

But on the other hand you don't want to rely just on grappling for a street fight. Cause while you got them in a arm bar,thier buddy could come out of the ally way and knock you upside the head.

Re: need some help - 07/14/04 09:01 AM

TKD can be effective if you can stop your opponent with a kick or punch and that they hopefully will stop (or for kids, start crying!). Otherwise, the fight will inevitably go to the ground. This is where ground skills are a must.
Posted by: schanne

Re: need some help - 07/14/04 10:06 AM

Please go into more details about your "street fight" with your old high school friend .Who set the fight up, what time, place, ranking system, how much money is involved? I don't mean to sound dumb but I have never seen an "organized" street fight except in the movies...Brad Pitt.