what i should do when provoked

Posted by: Anonymous

what i should do when provoked - 05/20/04 10:15 PM

See, i am a hockey player and soccer player. i take hockey very seroiusly so its nto a problem but soccer i play for fun and usualy they like talking shit on the field, so me who trains for hockey, even though im short but i am stronger then most kids my age cus i train alot and i can tell by how big theyre arms and legs are and by the fact that even when i give them a couple of taps to see if they would hit me, they dont do nutting, even when i say try touching me they still dont, so wat should i do when i get talked shit on the field, and sumtimes im gith see these guys again like at a party r sumthing?
Posted by: WolfGate

Re: what i should do when provoked - 05/20/04 10:27 PM

[QUOTE]so wat should i do when i get talked shit on the field[/QUOTE]

If you want to shut them up, get better than them.

[This message has been edited by WolfGate (edited 05-20-2004).]
Posted by: ipscshooter

Re: what i should do when provoked - 05/21/04 10:47 AM

Try being the bigger man and, when provoked, don't provoke back by, for example "giving them a couple of taps to see if they would hit you". Hockey and soccer are about getting the puck or ball in the other guys' net, not about who is the bigger badass. Help your team win the game, or at least play your best and, when you see them at a party, tell them they played a good game. Win or Lose. Try to remember sportsmanship.

Also, does it really save you a significant amount of time to type "nutting" instead of "nothing", "sumtimes" instead of "sometimes", or "r" instead of "or". This isn't txt msging on ur cel fone. You're likely to get better responses if your questions are coherent and written in English.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: what i should do when provoked - 05/22/04 08:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hitman514:
See, i am a hockey player and soccer player. i take hockey very seroiusly so its nto a problem but soccer i play for fun and usualy they like talking shit on the field, so me who trains for hockey, even though im short but i am stronger then most kids my age cus i train alot and i can tell by how big theyre arms and legs are and by the fact that even when i give them a couple of taps to see if they would hit me, they dont do nutting, even when i say try touching me they still dont, so wat should i do when i get talked shit on the field, and sumtimes im gith see these guys again like at a party r sumthing?[/QUOTE]

i think that the shit talk just stays on the feild but if provoked to the point of no return then you must defend yourself to the best of you abilty. and know when to chalk down a loss. but do nothing to provok them in return then it most likly wont come to blows.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: what i should do when provoked - 05/22/04 09:37 PM

If you can't take the heat, get off the field/ice.

Many players will use psych out tactic of talking trash. Ignore it and smile at them or learn to talk trash back. What happens during the game should be left on the field.

If they want to continue verbaly harrassing you after the game, again-ignore them or learn to retort in kind.

Resorting to physical violence in response to verbal taunting only shows you to be mentaly deficient and immature.