Weapons?

Posted by: Anonymous

Weapons? - 05/17/04 02:05 PM

I personally love nunchakus and escrima sticks. I also want to learn sais, bo staff and katana sword. What are your votes?
Posted by: schanne

Re: Weapons? - 05/17/04 02:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MartialArtistMike:
I personally love nunchakus and escrima sticks. I also want to learn sais, bo staff and katana sword. What are your votes?[/QUOTE]

How long have you been training and what style?

Re: Weapons? - 05/18/04 09:10 PM

I am currently working on tonfa. am looking forward to learning bo and katana.

Re: Weapons? - 05/18/04 09:48 PM

I like dear horn knives, Bagua giant sabre, spear, chain whip, and two handed straight sword [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: kiwi

Re: Weapons? - 05/18/04 10:36 PM

Wouldn't this be more at home in another furum? Seeing that TKD is (strictly speaking) an uarmed form of combat.

Re: Weapons? - 05/19/04 12:22 PM

To schanne, i have been in training for 10 months and love it. I will be learning the nunchaku form for a talent show at my family reunion.
Posted by: 1st Round KO

Re: Weapons? - 05/19/04 12:37 PM

i would like to learn escrima very much but dont have time right now. if youre into it check out www.dogbrothers.com
and check the promo video clip. its pretty intense.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Weapons? - 05/19/04 04:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MartialArtistMike:
To schanne, i have been in training for 10 months and love it. I will be learning the nunchaku form for a talent show at my family reunion.

[/QUOTE]

Don't crack Grandmom in the chops by accident, ya won't get any of that great family reunion picnic food will you?!

Your not going to like my answer but it what I believe and how I was trained. There are two many other things you need to be working on at this juncture of your MA training. You have been only training for ten months so your basic are still being learned, your still learning what to do with your own body let alone worrying about the extensions (weapons). Many schools don't let thier students pick a weapon up until they have reached BB or higher so don't rush the weapons. Hey I know what you can do for your family reunion. (Oh boy I'm laughing as I type) Have Grandmom come out and put an apple in her mouth, blind fold yourself, do a jump spinning hook kick and blast the apple out of her mouth into your family. All the chunks of apple would fly over everyone or ahhh would that be her dentures. Crap, forget what I said just do a board break or Kata........have fun. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: badmamajama

Re: Weapons? - 05/19/04 04:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by schanne:
Don't crack Grandmom in the chops by accident, ya won't get any of that great family reunion picnic food will you?!

Your not going to like my answer but it what I believe and how I was trained. There are two many other things you need to be working on at this juncture of your MA training. You have been only training for ten months so your basic are still being learned, your still learning what to do with your own body let alone worrying about the extensions (weapons). Many schools don't let thier students pick a weapon up until they have reached BB or higher so don't rush the weapons. Hey I know what you can do for your family reunion. (Oh boy I'm laughing as I type) Have Grandmom come out and put an apple in her mouth, blind fold yourself, do a jump spinning hook kick and blast the apple out of her mouth into your family. All the chunks of apple would fly over everyone or ahhh would that be her dentures. Crap, forget what I said just do a board break or Kata........have fun. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

roflmao... now that was funny.poor granny.

Re: Weapons? - 06/14/04 11:42 PM

taekwondo has weapons it teaches the ssang geom weol do rope and fan euinsangeom and more!!!