need help

Posted by: Anonymous

need help - 05/08/04 11:37 PM

i want to learn alittle on the internet and i need help finding a site i know you guys say take classe but i have no time with school. help
Posted by: tkd_fighter316

Re: need help - 05/09/04 06:46 AM

Hey art1
firstly let me start by warning you , internet TKD is now a money making scheme, i would not advise it, join a local dojang and get proper classes, they will teach u everything u need to know, will even inform u of teh differences between correct and incorrect warming up

secondly, if u can manage to find time for even 1-2 hrs a week -tahts great, we all have to start somewhere, correct time management, shuffle about ur schedule a bit, but however if u want to do some form of home training then look up general taekwondo websites, download videos for the forms/patterns and get pictures or buy books on guides to kicking or something like that, but at some stage u will need proper classes to enhance your martial arts knowledge,

start out with book and practice the basic kicks!
have fun!

Re: need help - 05/09/04 10:22 AM

hey thanks man
Posted by: Uriel

Re: need help - 05/09/04 11:16 AM

Internet TKD is now a money making scheme?

Could you expand on this? (Starts to think...mmmm...retirement money)

Re: need help - 05/09/04 01:15 PM

retirement money- sounds tempting, real temping but id never dishonour the integrity of TKD, no matter how much itll bring in [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

another thing i believe in is probably not to affiliate too much when u are a colour belt, i think u should join an association after u get your first dan!

[This message has been edited by tkd_fighter316 (edited 05-09-2004).]

Re: need help - 05/09/04 06:12 PM

association as in WTF or association as in USTU?

Re: need help - 05/10/04 02:01 PM

The school i am am in has left ustu because it is such a ripoff.

Re: need help - 05/10/04 02:18 PM

Whats with the ustu? I was going to pay my dues for this year, But the master said to wait and he never says to wait. Is there something going on wiith it? I head its a rip off. What do they mean?

Re: need help - 05/10/04 03:38 PM

USTU is the United States Taekwondo Union. It is not a ripoff...but it is not always needed.

The USTU *used to be* the sole liason between TKD and the Olympics.

Let me break it down for you...

If you are a competitor in the WTF or Olympic Sport Taekwondo, then the USTU used to be the place to be.

They held the US Opens. They held the preimere nationals, they held the preimere state tournaments as well as Olympic Team Trials and Collegiates.

So if you wanted to go against the best, the UTSU would be where you found it.

However they have had some "issues" recently and are going through a rebuilding phase. Now the Amatuer Atheltic Union (AAU) is starting to cut in on the USTU's wind.

The AAU has their own State, Nationals and National Team games. They WERE to have a small say in the olympics but I am not sure if this panned out for them or not. The AAU, traditional...in my very small opinion, never had real quality players, thus their state and national titles were, again in my small opinion, seen as weaker than a USTU nationals.

Hope this clears stuff up.

Re: need help - 05/10/04 05:28 PM

No Uriel, i mean as in USTU, thats why i really like this concept of an INO, Independant National Organisation offered only by the ITF, maybe WTF do it, i dunno, at the moment im concentrarting on my ITF tkd,

thats why association will get u into trouble, u wont need them untill u get like your second dan or soemthing! so why bother

i personally would have no problems to affiliate myself to a WORLD governing body, e,g ITF, WTF etc but when it come to a national level- eg, USTU, USTF, KATU,USTA,USTW etc id do it but i wouldnt be happy taht i did!

i mean look at how many there are- the USTU (U.S TKD Union) the USTA (UST association), USTF (UST Federation), the USTW (UST Won) etc and i could go on, all of them except the USTF do WTF, i mean wahts the point- they all teach teh same curriculum, they all spar with the same rule, same taeguk!!!! i could go on an on

Re: need help - 05/10/04 11:43 PM

gotcha now.

yeah...not too fond of associations like those myself...even after 2nd dan [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]