TKD Info: You may post here :)

Posted by: Uriel

TKD Info: You may post here :) - 05/06/04 10:53 AM

Since I am really getting bored of you feeling the need to reply to my posts, usually in a way that makes no sense to the post at all (ie. misquoting me, thinking that I am the one that originated the topics, saying urban legend after urban legend without the need to post anything factual, and trying to spell my name wrong on purpose to show how mature you are).

I figure this way instead of stinking everyone's topics up, you may feel free to try to bash me under this special topic created...just for you [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Now bash away!!!!
Posted by: TKD info

Re: TKD Info: You may post here :) - 05/07/04 01:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uriel:
Since I am really getting bored of you feeling the need to reply to my posts, usually in a way that makes no sense to the post at all (ie. misquoting me, thinking that I am the one that originated the topics, saying urban legend after urban legend without the need to post anything factual, and trying to spell my name wrong on purpose to show how mature you are).
I figure this way instead of stinking everyone's topics up, you may feel free to try to bash me under this special topic created...just for you [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Now bash away!!!!
[/QUOTE]
I am not mature. I am just helpful. Yes I do post nonsense things, just to see the reply I get out of people as so yourself. You do the same. So I feel that you may need to look in the mirror before criticizing about others opinions, opinions. No bashing needed, you are a good person, i've read some of your advices, although with sarcasm, but evidently good and true. At times I feel even your patience gets the best of you, but, your past posts were very rude and uncourteous. Otherwise you just need to give constructive criticism, oh and by the way, i wasn't born in this country, so if my english is so bad then please address your prejudice to all others as well, and we will see how you will stand among others. Cracking on my english or grammar just shows how helpful you are to society and those that wants to make a difference. If I stepped on your toes, it is because your impatience just crushes others views, opinions and or knowledge. That is why I do so. If you feel that I am of bothersome, then I will no longer communicate with you. thank you, and have a good day.
Posted by: TKD info

Re: TKD Info: You may post here :) - 05/07/04 01:24 AM

SELF-DEFENSE LAW IN ILLINOIS

Illinois Statute 720 Section 5/7-1.

"Use of Force in Defense of Person: A person is justified in the use of force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or another against such other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, he is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or another, or the commission of a forcible felony."

What does this mean in plain English?

The law must be reviewed in two parts, depending on whether non-lethal force or lethal force is used.

However, applicable to both of these levels of self-defense is the issue of
Reasonable Belief, which also consists of two-parts: a subjective and objective belief.

Subjective Belief - this addresses whether the person defending himself/herself honestly believed that an attack was imminent.
- The subjective test is most difficult to disprove, as since determining what the defender was thinking at the time of the attack is next to impossible.

Objective Belief - this addresses whether an
ordinary and reasonable person in the defender's shoes would believe that an
attack was imminent.
- The objective test is easier and more flexible, because it is based on a hypothetical "ordinary and reasonable person", which is open to a great deal of interpretation.

---------------------------------------------
ASSUMING THAT THE DEFENDER PASSES BOTH THE SUBJECTIVE AND OBJECTIVE TEST, THE NEXT QUESTION DEALS WITH THE ACTUAL FORCE USED IN THE SPECIFIC SITUATION. IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT WHETHER A PERSON CAN SUCCESSFULLY ARGUE SELF-DEFENSE WILL DEPEND ENTIRELY ON THE FACTS OF THE
PARTICULAR OCCURRENCE.
--------------------------------------------
USE OF SELF-DEFENSE IS JUSTIFIED, BUT ONLY IF:

The defender meets three requirements which demonstrate that self-defense was
necessary AND the amount of force used was appropriate:

1) The force used must seem necessary to prevent the attack;
2) The force used must have been proportional to the gravity of the attack;
AND;
3) The threat of force by the attacker must have been immediate and imminent.

USE OF DEADLY FORCE IS ONLY JUSTIFIED IF:

? Deadly Force is essentially force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm.

In Illinois, a person has a lawful right to use deadly force "only if he reasonably
believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself, or another, or the commission of a forcible felony."
*The danger here is that when you are attacked you must try to use only that amount of force which is used against you. If someone merely pushes you and you counter with a killing blow, such as a strike to the throat, then you are unlikely to be able to argue that what you did was justifiable self-defense, unless there were other factors involved like a weapon or more than one attacker.

Re: TKD Info: You may post here :) - 05/07/04 02:28 AM

TKDInfo,

You are a child.

John and I have been saying THE SAME thing you just stated for a few days now.

Way to back US up and go against yourself.

Again...I think you are missing our questions.

A) WHERE does it state you have to register yourself as a lethal weapon?

B) WHERE does it state you have to take time to tell the person attacking you that you are a black belt?

EQUAL force rules are common, not just Illinois...which is what we have been saying since you brought up the "register" and "tell" things. We don't need more info on this...I was just asking for you to back up the Registration and/or Must Tell things you stated.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: TKD Info: You may post here :) - 05/07/04 06:04 PM

Not to intrude on your lovely back and forth, but I believe this has become the MA's
Urban legend.
It has been repeated so many times,a large segment of MAist believe it.

Don't know where it started, who started it-but it is here in Texas also. Friend of mine stated same thing, I pointed out no such staute exist to support either registration or the must tell myth.

Re: TKD Info: You may post here :) - 05/07/04 06:34 PM

Thanks for the support Nek.

TKDInfo...why don't you hit me up in emails or something?