should I give him a smackdown

Posted by: taekwondosamurai

should I give him a smackdown - 05/02/04 06:11 PM

THis one dude at school has been raggin' on me for ever about my TKD and other things. I know I could woop his ass but don't know is I should since my instructor might find out about it and one of our tenets we say before class is self control. But some others that support me beating him to a bloody pulp is honor(protecting mine),Courage(show I not afraid of anyone),courtesy(he's not showing me any). So should I beat him down to the floor.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/02/04 06:41 PM

Does he hit you, shove you, or threaten you with physical violence?

Or is he just mouthing off, expressing the view that tkd is worthless except to dance around and look pretty?
Posted by: Uriel

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/02/04 06:51 PM

Originally posted by taekwondosamurai:
THis one dude at school has been raggin' on me for ever about my TKD and other things. I know I could woop his ass but don't know is I should since my instructor might find out about it and one of our tenets we say before class is self control.

You shouldn't NOT hit someone because you are afraid you might get caught. Self-Control is SELF control. Not OUT of Self-Control. But yes...Restraint...Self-Control. Very important.

But some others that support me beating him to a bloody pulp is honor(protecting mine),

First off...did you ever beat someone or seen someone that WAS beaten to a bloody pulp. Honestly man...if you did, you wouldn't talk like that. As far as honor protecting yours? What honor do you have that you must get in a fist fight with someone that you think is a poor fighter? There is no honor in that.

Courage(show I not afraid of anyone),
Courage isn't showing you aren't afraid...look deeper...hopefully you can find a better answer to Courage than that.

courtesy(he's not showing me any).
Didn't know HE was in TKD? Courtesy is for YOU..these tenets are for YOU...not him.

So should I beat him down to the floor.

Walking away is probably the harder thing to do...and yet it is the right thing. Unless this guy is physically attacking you or someone else...let him say whatever the heck he wants. They are only words. Do you think you are THAT Valuable to the world that somehow even uttering a word against you is a sin?

Grow up man. Most of the world doesn't even know you.
Posted by: TKD_Brazil

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/02/04 10:37 PM

honestly man,

you probably are under 18 old.
most of people here are older, so for them it is easy to say that because they are more mature then us.

if somebody pay me out like that, i would hit hit. but just to let him see what i can do. i wouldnt smack him down.
i know im wrong, but some times doing the ringh thing isnt doing the ring thing.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/02/04 11:26 PM

am i older than 18? yes.

but i walked away from fights before i was over 18 too.

Trust me just because you go over the age of 18 doesn't mean people don't try to call you out.

Hell I've been called out more as an adult than I ever did in school.

You can "hit hit hit" all you want man. But I garuan-damn-tee you that there is someone bigger, stronger, faster and a hell of a better fighter than you and that is the cat that is going to kick your ass all over the place.

That and what happens when you do hit hit hit hit...and the gets back up next week and puts a bullet in your head.

Think man think...is anything someone says to you worth your life?

Remember everything you do HAS to be worth your life because you have NO idea when you will die.
Posted by: TKD_Brazil

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/03/04 02:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uriel:
am i older than 18? yes.

but i walked away from fights before i was over 18 too.

Trust me just because you go over the age of 18 doesn't mean people don't try to call you out.

Hell I've been called out more as an adult than I ever did in school.

You can "hit hit hit" all you want man. But I garuan-damn-tee you that there is someone bigger, stronger, faster and a hell of a better fighter than you and that is the cat that is going to kick your ass all over the place.

That and what happens when you do hit hit hit hit...and the gets back up next week and puts a bullet in your head.

Think man think...is anything someone says to you worth your life?

Remember everything you do HAS to be worth your life because you have NO idea when you will die.
[/QUOTE]

hi ariel

to walk away is pretty hard... i dont think i can do it, unfornatualy.

u said, somebody can came and kick his ass. i desagree, because he is not looking for a fight, just some dude wants to make fun of him.

would be good if he just give him a lesson, do not hurt him but, show him what u can do.

am i wrong?
probalby.
but maybe because my culture is diferent then yours and im not mature enough yet to walk away.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/03/04 10:14 AM

trust me...walking away, although hard at times, is the best.

if the best was easy, we all would be the best [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: badmamajama

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/03/04 09:07 PM

tkdsamurai,learn to talk smack back
one has to also know how to verbally
spar. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/03/04 09:17 PM

I was waiting for tkdsam to respond with what the moron was actualy doing,but oh well.

I once had a friend of a friend who claimed to train in kung fu. He was constantly shooting his mouth off about how bad ass he was. My friend made the mistake of telling him I trained in an art. After that he was constantly harrassing me,getting in my face, waving his hands around like he was going to hit me. After putting up with this for months, he finaly caught me on a bad day. I didn't hurt him, I merely embarassed him very badly. I knew there would be no retaliation-he was a gutless blowhard whose bluff had been called.

I also have many instances where I have just smiled at people and walked away.

Make a personal decision-will there be retaliation, friends getting involved, consequences if happens at school,law enforcement involvement, etc.

Good luck, hope you make the right decision.
Posted by: Codel

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/03/04 10:40 PM

Dude, i got a bigger problem. Someone at my school taht sits at my talbe and is in my group in home ec class keeps trying to stab people with his pencil/marker. Including me. It gets to the point where it pisses you off enough to actually get mad but not enough to tell anyone. I just need to know a good move or two to to cripple his ass. If anyone can direct me to a good website or a good crippling strike, do tell.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/03/04 10:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Codel:
I just need to know a good move or two to to cripple his ass. If anyone can direct me to a good website or a good crippling strike, do tell.[/QUOTE]

Good lord. I'd try to stab you too. Please seek help...therapy...lots of it.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/03/04 11:04 PM

Dude, I dont know any taekwondo, kungfu, ninjitsu moves. The teacher has actually seen this kid stab people and she dont do jack shit but yell at him for 2 seconds. So i dont know where you getting this, "You need therapy shit."

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 12:33 AM

You want to cripple someone for poking at people with a pencil?

And you don't know why I think you need help?

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 12:38 AM

Yeah, crippling is a bit much.
Maiming him for life is the way to go!!!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG]
Nothing says leave me alone like a disfiguring scar!

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 04:04 PM

OK, first of all i was kind of exaggerating when i meant cripple. And second, those pencils hurt like hell, and one time he grabbed a friggen serated knife from the kitchen at tried to stab someone with it. Call me crazy but i don't wanna get stabbed with a knife anymore than i do with a pencil. I came here for some advice not for some lunatic to insult me.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 04:44 PM

hmmm...calling us names and acting like a child. That is one sure way to get advice.

Serious? Take it to your teacher.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 05:37 PM

hm hm. okay. Seeing is you wouldnt give me advice anyway i figure i don't really care what you have to say anymore. And i was specifically talking to you, Uriel. And obviously you haven't been paying attenttion to the whole story so i'll tell you again. I took it to the teacher and she doesn't do a thing about it. So you know what, i'll just take the subject else where.
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 05:42 PM

Ok, bye

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 08:02 PM

To anyone who may read this. In the future, when you are oppressed and bullied, when you are singled out for physical abuse by your peers, when you are taunted and ridiculed and you decide to physicaly retaliate or contemplate a physical response-PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO SUPPLY A SUPER DEADLY NEVER FAIL TECNIQUE THAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!

If such a thing existed, it would be totaly moronic and irresponsible for us to supply it to you. What we will give you is sympathy, empathy and common sense solutions-which very rarely if ever involve violence.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 08:13 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Super Secret Death Strike!!!

Errr...even if there was one...do you reallllly think we would say it?

As for telling the teacher...then tell them again..then tell the principal..then tell the police.
Posted by: WolfGate

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 08:44 PM

Methinks Codel was a parody.

BTW, in my second ever TKD class tonight, they taught me the Secret Pusan Finger Submission Hold. Uses a pressure point in the finger to dislocate both knees. Might be a good move for this thread...
Posted by: FruitSalad

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 10:09 PM

HAH HAHAHAHAH HAHAHA HAH!!!!!!1!!1!1!1!!!!

YOU FOOLS!!!!1!!! THIS IS NOTHING COMPRED TO TEH FIVE POINT PAML EXPLOHDING HART TECHNIQUE!!!1!!!

HAHAH AHHA AH AHAAHH A!!!!!!!!1
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 10:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WolfGate:
BTW, in my second ever TKD class tonight, they taught me the Secret Pusan Finger Submission Hold. Uses a pressure point in the finger to dislocate both knees. Might be a good move for this thread...[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you mean dislocate?

Regards,

Raul
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 10:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nekogami13 V2.0:
To anyone who may read this. In the future, when you are oppressed and bullied, when you are singled out for physical abuse by your peers, when you are taunted and ridiculed and you decide to physicaly retaliate or contemplate a physical response-PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO SUPPLY A SUPER DEADLY NEVER FAIL TECNIQUE THAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!

If such a thing existed, it would be totaly moronic and irresponsible for us to supply it to you. What we will give you is sympathy, empathy and common sense solutions-which very rarely if ever involve violence.
[/QUOTE]

Newbies.... please take the time to read this.

Regards,

Raul

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 10:41 PM

Okay, i wasn't asking for some secretal death move/technique. I was merely asking where i could learn some specific moves that i could actually use seeing is i've looked plenty on the net and can't come up with much. And here in America there's something called the right to defend yourself. And to me, that means of someone physically abuses you it gives you the right to kick their ass on the spot. I mean you guys should know some good shit seeing is you take taekwondo. Maybe you could tell me about that Secret Pusan Finger Submission Hold or something, i don't know.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/04/04 11:54 PM

right to defend yourself wow. That is a new one. Must have slipped my law journals.

Far as I knew you could only repay with equal force. Someone pushing you does not mean you get to cripple them...

::sigh::

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 01:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WolfGate:
Methinks Codel was a parody.

BTW, in my second ever TKD class tonight, they taught me the Secret Pusan Finger Submission Hold. Uses a pressure point in the finger to dislocate both knees. Might be a good move for this thread...
[/QUOTE]

wolfgate,
No offence but how can it be a secret move if you were told on your "second ever TKD class"?

Think how many people must have had two or more classes and given up......... or hundreds of classes and given up. So many thousands of people would know this "secret" by now it would hardly be a secret.

Sorry if this offends you but when instructors talk about "secret" moves, it is usually masrketing nonsense in my opinion.
Sharon
Posted by: TKD info

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 03:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Codel:
Okay, i wasn't asking for some secretal death move/technique. I was merely asking where i could learn some specific moves that i could actually use seeing is i've looked plenty on the net and can't come up with much. And here in America there's something called the right to defend yourself. And to me, that means of someone physically abuses you it gives you the right to kick their ass on the spot. I mean you guys should know some good shit seeing is you take taekwondo. Maybe you could tell me about that Secret Pusan Finger Submission Hold or something, i don't know.[/QUOTE]

Code I could help you with secret moves, but, again, there are many,many,many ways that you could do stop this. You went to the teacher, of course, as we noticed Urial wasn't paying attention. Have you even tried requesting for him to stop? If you did, was it stern or was it respectful? Did you try approaching a guidance counselor or a police security guard? You have to realize that some teachers take situations as this important. I don't want to remind anyone of the Columbine high school incident. So Code, my recommendation, request for him to stop in a stern voice without the intention to look for a fight, if that didn't work, go to the principal or asst. principal, state that this has been happening for quite some time and that you don't want to be suspended if he continued this ABUSIVE (mention that clearly) behavior which may indeed cause you to punch him in turn. If that is taken I am sure that the teacher or asst. principal will take this into respect and take care of the matter and all in all probably pass him on into ISS (In School Suspension). I checked this with a friend of mine that works for the Fairfax County Public School system and he mentioned that this has worked many of times for many different situations. For any more advice, be patient into asking and try to not use abusive language neither. Take care.
Posted by: WolfGate

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 05:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by still wadowoman:
wolfgate,
No offence but how can it be a secret move if you were told on your "second ever TKD class"?

Think how many people must have had two or more classes and given up......... or hundreds of classes and given up. So many thousands of people would know this "secret" by now it would hardly be a secret.

Sorry if this offends you but when instructors talk about "secret" moves, it is usually masrketing nonsense in my opinion.
Sharon

[/QUOTE]

still wadowoman - forgive me if my humor fell short. Since I was suspecting Codel isn't serious, I responded in kind. I thought the finger hold that dislocates knees was so absurd it made that obvious without any smiley things.

No, there is no Secret Pusan Finger Submission Hold that dislocates knees.

As I'm new to this board, I'll take that as an indication that people have previously posted the absurd as serious.

[This message has been edited by WolfGate (edited 05-05-2004).]

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 06:16 AM

Sorry Wolfgate, my sense of humour detector was faulty so early this morning [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

You are right, we do get a lot of nonsense posted here, but it is outweighed by the really good stuff.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.
Sharon

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 11:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKD info:

Code I could help you with secret moves, but, again, there are many,many,many ways that you could do stop this. You went to the teacher, of course, as we noticed Urial wasn't paying attention.
[/QUOTE]

I love it. *I* am the one that isn't paying attention...yet I can spell my name correctly...

U R I E L

Also Info then goes on to repeat EXACTLY what I said before...

"As for telling the teacher...then tell them again..then tell the principal..then tell the police."

Things that just make you go "hmmmmmmm"

And WolfGate...*I* got your joke [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

:: secretly thinks WolfGate knows too much and must be eliminated::

:: pets his "how to dislocate a guys knee with a finger jab in 10 easy lessons" video he made::

Oh my retirement money...my sweet sweet retirement money...

[This message has been edited by Uriel (edited 05-05-2004).]
Posted by: blackbelt83

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 12:52 PM

Ok here's my question: if this guy has already moved onto grabbing knives and waving them at people, why is he still in school!!! Don't you think someone would've thought-oh gee I don't know- THAT THIS IS A BAD SIGN!!! [sighs] Ok Codel here's some tips:

1) Stop cursing, it makes you look like an idiot.

2) If your teacher won't do anything about it go to the principle, the police, the press, SOMEBODY.

3) If you REALLY want to learn these moves you are asking (dare I say demanding) us for, find a GOOD school, explain your situation, and TAKE LESSONS! No right-mined person would tell you how to hurt someone if they thought you were actually looking to do it.

4)If nothing else works then GET OUT OF THE CLASS. Transfer to a new class or change when you have that class.

I really hope you're not coming to us for advice b/c you want to be the hero. You know, be "the guy that stopped the maniac in home ec!" Because if so, remember this: do YOU know what HE might know. Have you even stopped to think maybe he knows some of these moves you want to know?
Posted by: Applepie

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 03:27 PM

and besides, beating him up wouldn't even be the solution to the problem. Just because you did something to him doesn't mean he'll stop with the stabbing and stuff.

Higher authority!!!
*agrees with TKD info*

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 05:10 PM

To neko the first 1 to post yes every once in a while he will hit me on the back of the head to tick me off and when I hit him back he tries to puch me.to whoever said to learn to talk smack where can I learn?

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 05:15 PM

to uriel I'm not really that afraid of getting caught. I'm worried that I might get really pissed and start stabing him with a pencil or whatevers convenent. I was kind of exagerating when I said beating him to a bloody pulp. I just meant maybe breaking a rib or to and his attitude.
Posted by: badmamajama

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 06:22 PM

first off your wasting your time asking bout moves to handle this guy.... cause your no scrapper,i never had that problem no secret tecnique i just belted them in mouth,problem solved.. till i got home to face dad lol.
but this was back in days when they would suspend you,not worried about how it might effect my selfesteem. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/05/04 06:23 PM

Seek anger management. Talk to the teacher. Teacher won't do anything? Talk to the principal. Talk to your police department...

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/06/04 02:06 AM

Seek anger management. Talk to the teacher. Teacher won't do anything? Talk to the principal. Talk to your police department...[/QUOTE]

You cannot tell if U R I A L is being serious or not. In any how, if she is stating that you should go to the teacher then again, I agree do what is necessary to get out of this predicament. Use brains not brawn. Use this and all will be complete. Otherwise, I feel that this may be your challenge in school to overcome. Of course, he has no right to do all of these things but, remember to report to the authorities. Being macho and hitting him back wont do any good. Just try it, it'll work. The Do in Tae Kwon Do is the Do in You can do it. Don't give up.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/06/04 02:47 AM

Seek anger management. Talk to the teacher. Teacher won't do anything? Talk to the principal. Talk to your police department...[/QUOTE]

Most importantly, talk to your parents.
Sharon

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/06/04 02:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by still wadowoman:
Most importantly, talk to your parents.
Sharon

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Sharon. That is the key answer, most of the times. Try it, I think it'll work.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/06/04 10:45 AM

Good point Sharon.

TKD Info...is it lonely being that damn dumb?

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/07/04 09:26 PM

first of all if I go to my parents they might put me back into therapy and second of all if go to the teacher or principal I'll be made fun of even more.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/11/04 12:42 AM

Good point Sharon.

TKD Info...is it lonely being that damn dumb?
[/QUOTE]

Uriel,

Why continue to bash? I must be too dumb.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/11/04 06:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by taekwondosamurai:
first of all if I go to my parents they might put me back into therapy and second of all if go to the teacher or principal I'll be made fun of even more.[/QUOTE]

Please listen to me. I don't know how old you are but I have sons of 14 and 15 as well as a daughter of 9.

My eldest was picked around 18 months ago at school. He was very able to defend himself and did so, making the bully look very stupid. This coward launched a campaign against my son with his "gang". Not just physical violence, but threatening people not to even speak to him at school or to sit with him on the bus. My son ended up suffering from depression and became very unwell.

Thank goodness we are very close and he was able to tell me how bad he was feeling (no way could I have been so frank with my parents).

I arranged counselling for him as well as home tuition instead of attending school until he felt strong enough to return (we changed schools on his counseller's recommendation and I saw to it his tormentors parents were informed).

My son is now back to his former confident self. The point of me telling you this is that if your parents do "put you back in therapy" it is because they care about you and think you need it. I am well aware that parents don't always know best, but most times they do the best they can with the information they have.

I urge you strongly to confide int the two people that care about you most. If you really feel you can't, is there another adult you can confide in? A grandparent, auntie, uncle, trusted family friend or teacher?

Please consider what I have said. I would hate for you to become another "statistic" as my son nearly did.
Sharon
Posted by: 1st Round KO

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/11/04 04:39 PM

TKD Samurai, in my opinion, bullies only understand the language of pain. I am not suggesting that you fight him, rather, let me recount a past experience:

There was a guy I knew who knew I trained in Muay Thai. We played hockey on the same team but never really got along. Every single week or any time we met, he would disrespect my art, my training, my fight record. He would go so far as to disrespect my Ajhan/ Master and my gym !!! This guy has around 30lbs on me and is a good athlete. However, he had no training and simply thought he was a naturally gifter fighter and entitled to beat my butt by birthright. I put up with his crap for over 2 years, week after week at every hockey game and post game beer drinking. Finally, quite recently, in response to his challenges, I simply invited him to my gym (half jokingly) and we could spar in the ring. To my surprise, he accepted the invite and showed up a my gym as promised. I made sure that he came very late so there were no students around and just me and my Ajhan. Needless to say, within 30 seconds of the first round, he was toast...and I was going at 35% while hes was going full blast. When the first round ended, he conceded that he was wrong and he apologized to my master and to myself. We spent another 6 rounds together where I taught him some basic combos, techniques etc and let him hit me and it ended up very amicably.
Needless to say, he has never bothered me on that particular issue again and has asked me to train him. We are also better friends now than we ever were before from playing hockey.

I guess the lesson in the story is that some people only understand one language...and sometimes you have to be the one to translate.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/11/04 05:21 PM

Glad u showed him he wasn't so big and bad as he thought. But at my dojang my master wouldn't let him spar me even with pads.
Posted by: 1st Round KO

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/12/04 10:10 AM

well if he ever threatens you then i dont see any reason to hold back on him...take him out hard and fast.
warn him once, hit him 3 times if he doesnt listen.
just my opinion and it isnt necessarily right in your case.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/12/04 11:47 AM

I feel for you tkdsamurai.
Unfortunately for you it is very easy for us to post anything, whether it be logical advice(go to authorities) or respond physicaly. We have no emotional involvement nor do we have to deal with the consequences of the action that you take.
Only you can decide what is an exceptable response. You must consider what the consequences are for each action you are thinking of taking and what implications they have.

Do you want to get suspended and face possible criminal charges?
What about possible civil action(ie get sued) that your parents might face?
If you respond physicaly, can you deal with getting your butt handed to you(always a possibility when you fight)?
Can you take the harrassment of your peers for being a crybaby(not what I think,but what they will) for going to authorities/parents?

Tough spot to be in, good luck with whatever you decide.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 05/13/04 12:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1st Round KO:
TKD Samurai, in my opinion, bullies only understand the language of pain. I am not suggesting that you fight him, rather, let me recount a past experience:

There was a guy I knew who knew I trained in Muay Thai. We played hockey on the same team but never really got along. Every single week or any time we met, he would disrespect my art, my training, my fight record. He would go so far as to disrespect my Ajhan/ Master and my gym !!! This guy has around 30lbs on me and is a good athlete. However, he had no training and simply thought he was a naturally gifter fighter and entitled to beat my butt by birthright. I put up with his crap for over 2 years, week after week at every hockey game and post game beer drinking. Finally, quite recently, in response to his challenges, I simply invited him to my gym (half jokingly) and we could spar in the ring. To my surprise, he accepted the invite and showed up a my gym as promised. I made sure that he came very late so there were no students around and just me and my Ajhan. Needless to say, within 30 seconds of the first round, he was toast...and I was going at 35% while hes was going full blast. When the first round ended, he conceded that he was wrong and he apologized to my master and to myself. We spent another 6 rounds together where I taught him some basic combos, techniques etc and let him hit me and it ended up very amicably.
Needless to say, he has never bothered me on that particular issue again and has asked me to train him. We are also better friends now than we ever were before from playing hockey.

I guess the lesson in the story is that some people only understand one language...and sometimes you have to be the one to translate.
[/QUOTE]

Hey KO,

You show that the admirable spirit that not many could or will not understand. Truly in ways of our life, there are very few times we can ignore situations and walk away from it. Providing proof and standing tall rather to needlessly walk away, was something you had gain from this experience, not only him.

Basically saying, in which I've learned, most of the times we can walk away from things in our life, but, then there will be times we can no longer be pushed and we must stand up for our rights as peace keepers. But, how will we ever be able to maintain peace if there is no order. To do that we must than stand off our opponent and take care of the necessities that will help. I've learn from being in this country, you can only take so much of what another person will do to you and that you must stand up to that bully.

And still wadow, please do not be offended to what I am about to say. Understand that giving up just allows the bully to become stronger, and to seek counseling, ummmm, does it work, that is a personal preference. Not to take this situation and learning to deal with it will only encourage your son to run away from problems such as this. Their are many other options that he has not seen. I know, I've been there, but, I was taught to learn and figure out how to deal with it.

There are so many ways, then to run away. MANY. You may not see it that way, but, rather then look at it from your counselor's point of view, seek it from a teacher's point of view.

Remember a parent plays 3 roles.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/06/05 11:47 AM

Dude I am gonna be real the same thing happened to me once dude and I beat the piss out the kid I am 17 and used to instruct for my do-jang this kid called me a TKD fag and expected to walk away from it. later that day I met him at his house and beat the crap out of him I mean like seriously ****ed his life up. go for it kid

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/06/05 12:11 PM

You know the cool thing about planning to beat someone and then doing it? You get to go to jail/juvenile hall, then see a judge, then have someone like me supervise you when you get out of jail/juvenile hall, that is if you didn’t hurt the person to bad. Because if you did that you don’t get to get out.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/07/05 06:34 PM

Samurai child of hellboy,

Play by the rules. Tell a teacher you are being bullied and if nothing gets done then you are gonna have to do something cos its bothering / scaring you. Write it down on a piece of paper and give it to your teacher and your head of year (or whatever you have in your school) Do this for LEGAL reasons...ie: nobody can say they didnt know cos they have your letter to prove it. This way they cant really chuck you out of school cos they DID know! Tell your parents (very important)

If nothing gets done batter the shite out of him. If you get caught then say that you did tell ur teacher and your head of year (or woteva) and that cos it wasnt sorted the nice way that you had to sort it the way he understands!

If a kid come to me with a letter and I told the bully to stop but he didnt, hes got what is coming to him. I wouldnt suspend you for doing it! However, if he came back on u I would suspend him for retaliating. Kinda hardcore I know but thats just the way it is!

Problem solved

Regards

Scott

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/13/05 05:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SteveB:
You know the cool thing about planning to beat someone and then doing it? You get to go to jail/juvenile hall, then see a judge, then have someone like me supervise you when you get out of jail/juvenile hall, that is if you didn’t hurt the person to bad. Because if you did that you don’t get to get out.[/QUOTE]

And then you get to be some bad man's girlfriend and learn to toss the salad.

The scenarios in this thread are not self defense situations. If you explode and cripple someone just because he verbally insulted you, your art, or your instructor, then there's something wrong with you. Maybe you should be locked up and be Big Bubba's plaything so the rest of us can be a little bit safer. Until he assaults you with intent of serious injury, there are always other recourses. If the teachers won't listen go to the principal. If the principal won't listen go to the cops. If the cops can't be bothered find a lawyer and sue the school district for millions. Doesn't a million dollar payout for enduring some verbal abuse sound better than ten years with Big Bubba?

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/13/05 05:55 AM

to taekwondosamurai, kick his Ass!

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/16/05 10:43 PM

I read the tital to this and immediately knew the answer... NO!!
Tae Kwon Do is not about fighting, it is about not fighting. As for your tenates, you've got the wrong idea.
If you fight, you lose your honor, and you dishonor your master.
Anyone can get angry and start throwing puncher. It takes courage not to. An old Korean maxim says "kick a stone in anger and you'll hurt your own foot."
Courtesy, sure he shows you none. But you should always show courtesy, even to your enemies, even if they don't return the favor.
Put your adrenaline and horomones aside and think! Sorry for my tone, but it drives me crazy whenever someone even considers fighting.

[This message has been edited by MasterTravis (edited 01-16-2005).]

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/20/05 03:52 PM

Honey, if fighting is the only solution you can come up with you NEED to go back to therapy. Because, honestly, TKD isn't teaching you a darn thing.

Re: should I give him a smackdown - 01/20/05 04:34 PM

Samurai,

I nearly took my own life when I was 14 cos I was bullied so bad at school that I didnt want to live any more. I hated getting up, became totally withdrawn and didnt really have a wonderful home life cos of my dad liking to drink and be violent and stuff too.

If you have the confidence and its getting you to the point that you are dreaming about it and you are having probs with your anger then act! This has NOTHING to do with MA so if anyone else here complains then tough! If he hits you again pal, tell him to piss off and stop picking on you really loud and then punch him as hard as you can. If a teacher then has you for hitting him then tell them everything. If you have told teachers before about this and they have done nothing then tell them this.

I see kids every day who get into trouble AND THEY ARE NOT BAD KIDS! Its just they are not violent and find it hard to retaliate.

Dont chat about it pal, just do it, do it once and make sure you do it properly. Nuff said, topic closed. All this anti-violence stuff does my head in. Just cos u do MA and you have all that tenet stuff. Thats like saying that if you attend church then you should constantly turn the other cheek...yeah right! We dont live on Little House on the Prarie, and he wont listen to your polite responses.

Soz everyone, but I flipped out one day at school, chucked a kid into a window and from that day the bullying reduced considerably. Im not saying find a window to shove him through, but if other potential bullies think youre weak then you are an easy target.

I left school with an anger problem, but I have bottled it and at no point EVER lost it. I also learned how to control pain like you will never imagine! When I get really really angry I get very scared cos I know that once I let the rush take control the other person isnt going to stand a chance in hell. Lets hope his phone works to call an ambulance.

Im not kidding pal, sort it and sort it now. Tell your parents, but ultimately you will have to sort it. If you were my kid and you told me you punched a kid cos he was bullying you and you got told off then I would give you a hug and tell you not to worry about it. Ive been there pal, but it was kinda scary for me. It scares me now thinking about it. I admire you for speaking out about it and asking for help, even if it is on a forum. If this is how ICT helps kids like yourself then all power to you pal.

Good luck.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Nitronix (edited 01-20-2005).]