Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO

Posted by: TKD_Brazil

Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 04/30/04 01:26 AM

hello
my name is Felipe, and I'm from brazil.
i found this forum searching on the web to download some taekwondo videos.

where are you guys from?
here in brazil, taekwondo is very popular. It is the martial art with most praticers in the country. more than Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or capoeira.

how big is TKD in your country?
how many hours peer day do you pratice?

I pratice TKD 8 hours minimun peer wekk.
Im black belt.

Does any body have somo videos that I can have? Any links from other sites...

Im part of the Brazilian confederation of taekwondo, (CBTKD www.cbtkd.com.br) and my satate has a federation as weel (www.ftemg.com.br)

I dont know in your country, BUT in brazil, under black belt cannot kick in the HEAD anymore. THey've changed the rules 6 months ago, because so many people were getting hurt. What about in your country? Is that allowed to kick in the head under black belt?

Thanks for reading
hope to make part of these group of tkd praticers.

See yous later.
Posted by: TKD info

Re: Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 04/30/04 02:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKD_Brazil:
hello
my name is Felipe, and I'm from brazil.
i found this forum searching on the web to download some taekwondo videos.

where are you guys from?
here in brazil, taekwondo is very popular. It is the martial art with most praticers in the country. more than Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or capoeira.

how big is TKD in your country?
how many hours peer day do you pratice?

I pratice TKD 8 hours minimun peer wekk.
Im black belt.

Does any body have somo videos that I can have? Any links from other sites...

Im part of the Brazilian confederation of taekwondo, (CBTKD www.cbtkd.com.br) and my satate has a federation as weel (www.ftemg.com.br)

I dont know in your country, BUT in brazil, under black belt cannot kick in the HEAD anymore. THey've changed the rules 6 months ago, because so many people were getting hurt. What about in your country? Is that allowed to kick in the head under black belt?

Thanks for reading
hope to make part of these group of tkd praticers.

See yous later.
[/QUOTE]

Como vai Felipe?
Prazer em ve-lo
Eu fala portuguese, um tanto.

Yes, visit the our countries website at www.ustu.org. This is the WTF affiliated country organization.

I train 20 hours per week. Our rules are the same with the juniors under a certain age. Alot of accidents has been occuring.
Obrigado, Ciao

Re: Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 05/02/04 10:32 PM

hello tkd info!

voce fala portugues? COOL
prazer em ve-lo.

so u said u train 20 hours per day... but how old are you?
im 17 and i cant spend that much in taekwondo coz i still have my soccer team to train with.

obrigado for answering me

see you next time
Posted by: ipscshooter

Re: Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 05/04/04 09:08 AM

If you are looking for kata videos, this is the best site I've found: http://mchenry.homeip.net/TangSooDo/forms/index.htm
The site has WTF and ITF kata, as well as Tang Soo Do and some Hapkido.

Which style do you practice? I'm a first degree black belt in ITF style TKD, and have been practicing for a little over five years. Prior to black belt, I attended classes 3 or 4 times per week, and practiced at home for another several hours. Now, I'm working towards 2nd degree, attending fewer classes, but much more work at home.

At tournaments I've attended, black belts are still allowed to kick to the head. It's even legal to strike an opponent in the face.

[This message has been edited by ipscshooter (edited 05-04-2004).]

Re: Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 05/04/04 10:51 PM

hello ipscshooter,

i pratice WTF style

ive about 3 vides of ITF taekwondo. all KO videos. quite good.

ive got a lot of experience in taekwondo, it is good to talk with people that pratice tkd for years and years...
Posted by: TKD info

Re: Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 05/05/04 03:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKD_Brazil:
hello tkd info!

voce fala portugues? COOL
prazer em ve-lo.

so u said u train 20 hours per day... but how old are you?
im 17 and i cant spend that much in taekwondo coz i still have my soccer team to train with.

obrigado for answering me

see you next time
[/QUOTE]

como Vai Felipe

I have passed that age sometime ago and began to compete in Taekwondo heavily when I graduated high school. I should be honest, I don't train only Taekwondo, I practice Jiu Jitsu/Judo as well. Otherwise I have been in your shoes, but as being passed 18, more freedom and scheduling gives me more capabilities to practicing. I hope you continue to do well. I will talk to you sometime.
Posted by: Lokkan-Do

Re: Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 06/11/04 01:56 PM

Hi TKD_Brazil,

I study Shotokan a related style.

I am from Canada. I am originally from Guyana/British Guiana...(which is located next to Brazil).

I'm surprised how many Brazilians don't know their next door neighbors.

Check this out: http://www.yourchildlearns.com/south_america_map.htm
Posted by: ale_ryu

Re: Brazil also pratices TAEKWONDO - 07/22/05 11:00 PM

Hey, I'm Your neighbour! I live in Argentina and I train ATA/STF TKD style. People under black belt can kick in the head in my association. Do you want some neat videos? Check out this webpage http://www.bilang.com .It's not about TKD but has some of the most amazing MA videos ever! Good Luck man! Oh, by the way, I train about 8 hours a week too, cause I'm a student and university requires a lot of study...