Was there a problem ?

Posted by: VDJ

Was there a problem ? - 05/03/06 06:30 PM

Was there a problem with the board in the last 24 hrs ? I tried to access it from several different computers and each one of them were going nuts trying to down load the site with no completion. This went on from about 10 PM last nite until just now. Glad to see it back up.

VDJ
Posted by: TeK9

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/03/06 07:35 PM

I too had this problem for several ours last night. I was able to by pass it by not using the address bar and typing fightingarts.com. Instead I would head over to google and type martial arts forums and find the forum section of fighting arts and come in through there.

For some reason when ever I used my bookmark for fightingarts.com I was sent to some cheaper.com and some other strange sites where I can get items for discounts. Glad I'm not the only one.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/03/06 08:05 PM

That is a new one to me. I have been on and off all day with no problems.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/03/06 09:04 PM

I also had problems coming on.....The site was going crazy .

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/03/06 09:46 PM

I have notified Rip about it.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/03/06 10:30 PM

I had problems this afternoon access the site as well. I use FireFox but I also have Explorer on my machine. Sure enough I could access it through Explorer but not with FireFox ... very weird.
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/03/06 10:30 PM

I tried to log on this morning and it downloaded some kind of "cruise spam", complete with audio. It did everything except download the site.

I ran spyware checker software and virus software, but couldn't get any hits on it, but something sure hijacked the logon function and held it hostage for almost all day.
I finally blew away the shortcut I had on my desktop and logged on through explorer... but that was late this afternoon.

Until I did that, the site never did come up.

Posted by: BrianS

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/04/06 12:14 AM

Yeah,there was something wrong.Some kind of spam or something,but it's ok now!
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Was there a problem ? - 05/04/06 07:35 PM

I couldn't access the site through my favorites or through the address bar unless i added "/forums" to the end of the site name. I noticed at the bottom of the window that several different web sites were trying to load but it finally settled on net nanny of all things. Go figure.

Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/05/06 09:20 AM

This morning everytime my computer is loading a page from post to post or forum to forum it is also trying to connect to www.free20.com. Is anybody else getting this problems?

I ran some system checks as well I went through other websites and this seems to be the only one I am having problems with. Are we being infiltrated? Is this suppose to be happening? Just though it was weird.

Re: Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/05/06 09:23 AM

There are apparently some problems with the ad banners for some people. I have not been affected, but Rip is aware of the problem and is checking it out.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/05/06 10:21 AM

It's still a problem. Two days ago, and now again. I have had to locate my old FA.com registration email with a direct link to the forums (my usual bookmark is for the top page of FA).
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/05/06 10:27 AM

I'm glad I am not alone. Since yesterday (Thursday May 4) afternoon the page format has been stretched in all directons and random notices for a "free sign up" and also a "WEBSITE NOT RESPONDING" are scattered between page elements and in any margine available.
If your Webmaster has been upgrading the site's software, those of us with older computers might be being left behind.
Posted by: MiSt

Re: Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/05/06 11:02 AM

Maybe the site has been hijacked in someway? It defeinetly seems spyware realated.

Quote:

Sure enough I could access it through Explorer but not with FireFox ... very weird

I use FireFox too but had the same problem with IE.

EDIT: Even now as it sayd 'taking you back to forum tahnkyou for posting' (or w/e) it says on bottom left 'connecting to free20.com'..DEFEINETLY spyware.

Re: Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/05/06 11:36 AM

Posted earlier from home and am now at work. This is a newer computer and was actually just upgraded 2 weeks ago with new software as well. Nothing gets by our firewalls and our IT guy and we even cannot download a thing to our own computers without his authorization and him coming to our computers and entering his password ... so these problems are not just for older computers.

Re: Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/06/06 11:20 AM

Folks -

It looks like Rip has handled the problem for us. Let us know if there are any more problems.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Problems? www.free20.com???? - 05/06/06 11:50 PM

Seems to be working as it used to. Thank you, whoever.
:-)