Fellow Student is a Problem

Posted by: kravmagaking

Fellow Student is a Problem - 11/30/05 12:07 AM

I am a Krav Maga Student. I have been taking Krav for about 8 months and passed my Level 1 several months ago. There is a fellow student who has a high level of skill (been at it for longer than me and does a mixture of MMA--not nearly as strong or explosive or as good on the ground) but ends up putting a good deal of hurt on the other students and seems to enjoy it. In fact, he sent me to the chiropracter for a few weeks (I didn't miss class) when we were doing shin blocking drills...I mistakenly thought that taking 30 or 35 shin kicks at 100% on my left shin was appropriate...last time I'll do that...avoidance is cool too! Last week, he kicked a student in the head and almost knocked him out when we were doing "light" contact sparring. Although Krav's dictum is to be a learning environment, and the instructor has time and again warned this guy to take it easy, it hasn't gotten through this guy's skull. As I easily the biggest and strongest student in the school, I've started to view myself as kind of the "enforcer"...making sure that the other big guys aren't killing the little guys and people are training at people's appropriate levels. I talked to my sensei about putting a hurt on this guy to teach him an object lesson (he seems to be the type to only understand the "dominance-submission" principle) and he only said he doesn't condone such things but will forget he had the conversation with me. Just wondered what your reactions are to this fellow and my intentions...
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Fellow Student is a Problem - 11/30/05 12:52 AM

First I think that you're in the wrong section, but that's ok.

Second I think that your teacher needs to grow some testicles and kick the idiot out of class before he gets a huge lawsuit due to carelessness and allowing violent and dangerous behaviors in his class.

Barring your teacher growing a pair. Yes, hurt him. Let him know that it's not cool to do what he does.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Fellow Student is a Problem - 11/30/05 01:11 AM

I agree with Joel.

Second of all.

Quote:

I think that your teacher needs to grow some testicles

What?! Is there a scientific breakthrough I haven't heard about?
*does a frantic google search*
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Fellow Student is a Problem - 11/30/05 01:35 AM