web design

Posted by: jaret345

web design - 08/15/05 12:32 AM

i have seen another forum (completely different site) but it wasn't about martial arts and it had the same web design, was the web design before this unique? did you guys just copy another website design?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: web design - 08/15/05 12:37 AM

This model was purchased from http://www.ubbcentral.com/. I believe that the previous board was as well.

Re: web design - 08/15/05 12:40 AM

how much money does the administrator of this site make with advertisements in all? i know hes gotta cover the costs of the site n all but he must make some extra money

Re: web design - 08/15/05 12:43 AM

Why does it matter?

Why should he share this information with you?

Re: web design - 08/15/05 12:45 AM

why are you getting defensive i am just wondering he doesn't have to tell me if he doesn't want to its just a question

Re: web design - 08/15/05 12:52 AM

Just seems a bit intrusive and unnecessary.

Re: web design - 08/15/05 12:53 AM

well i am just wondering how much money you can make running a forum
Posted by: Kintama

Re: web design - 08/16/05 04:46 PM

on average, not really that much. on the order of pennies per hit. minus the overhead of server / staff / lease /insurance costs. The real money comes in when you can get people using their credit cards. ebay are masters at it since they get nickels and dimes per purchase with thousands of purchases a day.
A forum site is mostly for promotion, not for big profit....however if you can get profit from the promotion all the power to you. (the way you do this is by somehow devising a way for more people to visit your site, ie: more hits) There was considerable finacial commitment/risk involved in starting a site like this...it's been up for 5 years, I hope they are turning a decent profit by now. with the articles and services / work they provide-they deserve it.

so in short, to answer your question it comes down to hit-count. more hits means larger audience...larger audience means larger companies will advertise and therefore be willing to pay more for high profile web site ad space.

look to the right >>>>>>>>>
see the ads?

hope that helps.