Need a good katana.......

Posted by: Anonymous

Need a good katana....... - 03/20/05 02:18 PM

For Christmas this year I received a set of swords (katana & wakizashi). I found out yesterday when I was wacking around a cardboard box that when an item is stated as "decorative", it really is! I nearly snapped the tang off of my sword! So now I desire a "real" sword. One that can cut well and that can withstand minimal use. Something quality and un-costly. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Need a good katana....... - 04/06/05 05:52 AM

Paul Chen swords are not bad. You can get a razor sharp and decent katana made by him for around 200 dollars.He makes other pricy swords, but you don't need them unless you're in Iaido. just look around online, shipping won't be bad either. maybe around 10 bucks? good luck. Here's some links you might be interested in: http://www.thewebcollection.com/practical_katanas.html

note: be VERY careful. Unless it says "unsharpened" his swords are literally razor sharp.

I've been at a store, and they demonstrated a Paul Chen sword, they took a piece of paper, pulled it towards the blade, and it sliced in half. so if you have younger siblings at home, I suggest you not get it, or hide it somewhere where they can't reach it.