need more focus training

Posted by: dualblackbeltsmom

need more focus training - 08/02/03 11:13 AM

my two children have just tested for decided blackbelt in TKD and need more instruction in concentration and focus. can anyone suggest other MA's to compliment their TKD. one of the children had a natural talent for this but really needs to learn to direct his focus.
Posted by: peesusbelo

Re: need more focus training - 09/22/03 03:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dualblackbeltsmom:
my two children have just tested for decided blackbelt in TKD and need more instruction in concentration and focus. can anyone suggest other MA's to compliment their TKD. one of the children had a natural talent for this but really needs to learn to direct his focus.[/QUOTE]

i would suggest something like judo or some activity that is outside of the scope of martial arts. like music or art where they must tune in to gain success.
Posted by: Iamdadude

Re: need more focus training - 07/11/05 06:53 PM

Quote:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dualblackbeltsmom:
my two children have just tested for decided blackbelt in TKD and need more instruction in concentration and focus. can anyone suggest other MA's to compliment their TKD. one of the children had a natural talent for this but really needs to learn to direct his focus.[/QUOTE]

i would suggest something like judo or some activity that is outside of the scope of martial arts. like music or art where they must tune in to gain success.

I like that idea. Give them rap music. I'm DEAD serious. While listening to rap, you have to focus on their words, and catch the flow, and amongst the youth, you get a sense of rythem and place as a result. There is rap that isn't vulgar, just it's hard to come by.